UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Kudos to Southgate for having faith in his players to dig themselves out of the hole they were in.

I don't think anyone is brilliant, I just like to SUPPORT my teams and managers, something you will clearly never understand. 

Utter tosh!

He has world class players with the ability to control and win that game with relative ease.  

Instead they were abject. For the 4th game. He had most of the game to change things and did not one iota.

We got 1min away from defeat before a world class goal from one of several world class players he is ruining, saved his bacon.

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Well plenty of the self-entitled moronic fans were booing during the game. When a club side has been on a terrible run of form, you sometimes get a bit of booing at half time or the end. Booing during the game is very rare.

These fools are going overseas to watch their country in a tournament. A country they love so much that it causes many of them to to act like nationalistic scum. But when their beloved team is struggling and on the verge of being knocked out, they boo them! What totals p*****.

He's shown his age unfortunately I think. I don't agree with booing your own players, but they could help themselves by acknowledging that the performance was not what it should have been while asking the fans to stick with them. Instead, I think both Jude and Harry Kane claimed the performance was decent, when absolutely no-one watching would have called it that.

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

If @G STAR RAMs blind faith was as extreme as your critical "support", then he would have a Southgate tattoo on his face, changed his name to Gareth, have a mural of him painted on his end-of-terrace house he bought especially (in Southgate) and would have a restraining order  for continually trying to kiss his hero.

Fun fact is that I wouldn't need to change my name 😂

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Utter tosh!

He has world class players with the ability to control and win that game with relative ease.  

Instead they were abject. For the 4th game. He had most of the game to change things and did not one iota.

We got 1min away from defeat before a world class goal from one of several world class players he is ruining, saved his bacon.

So it's the players that get the credit when something good happens and Southgates fault when things aren't going well?

What did these world class players do in the previous 95 minutes?

You're right though, he could have changed it but he didn't, and as a result we are in a quarter final for the 4th tournament running. 

Edited by G STAR RAM

33 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Not heard any of Southgate's post match interview. I expect any answers he gave didn't explain why we are so pedestrian in our play.

We were made to look pedestrian by the way Slovakia set up when we had deep possession. Very disciplined, energetic and organised. And GS did nothing to counter that oh except to allow his backs to give possession away by playing long balls from time to time. And up front we look pedestrian in part because Kane is well past his energetic best, because Foden can’t play with him and because Saka is doing a passable impression of Grealish at his most pointless and ineffective.   Palmer changed that. And as Slovakia inevitably tired we played more effectively through their midfield 

Edited by kevinhectoring

19 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Just heard Bellingham's he ranted about the fans, you can see a big divide between players and fans this tournament as per Rices interview too. Funny part is majority are right behind the players just not the manager.

Always annoys me when players complain about the fans.  Any fan,be they supporters of club or country will always want to give wholehearted backing to their team.

But have every right to show their frustration with the players and manager, if they are presented with the woeful display we had to endure for most of today's game.

Fans will recognise and carry on giving their backing, when the team are playing poorly but are still putting in the effort. 

So before players think about complaining about the level of support they are getting from the fans. May be they need to look at the level of effort they and their teammates are putting in.

Despite the win and Bellingham’s magic which will be discussed in the same vein as Gazza, the squad stinks.

You’ve got Bellingham and his comments, Trent and Gomez looking like they’re at a funeral at full time and Saka looking visibly uninterested at playing left back despite that being what his manager wants him to do. 

Not sure why the mood is so dour but to be in a QF and to have no feel good factor is impressive. 

If he plays the same front 4 next match I think I might cry.

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He looked absolutely dreadful, his effort and attitude was awful again, you was probably too busy advising Southgate on substitutions on here to notice though. 

I'm sure Derby, England, Warne and Southgate are very grateful and really appreciate your unwavering support.

That’s your opinion, but that’s not the player I saw. He was the one player trying to make things happen - he was frustrating that others around him were doing the same.

Im sure neither my support nor yours mean absolutely anything to Southgate or England. I’m not in Germany and I’m presuming you’re not either. When I’m at Derby games Warne and the team get nothing but positivity from me - this is the place to voice criticism rather than at the stadium, even if certain people like you won’t accept that.

22 minutes ago, Crewton said:

He's shown his age unfortunately I think. I don't agree with booing your own players, but they could help themselves by acknowledging that the performance was not what it should have been while asking the fans to stick with them. Instead, I think both Jude and Harry Kane claimed the performance was decent, when absolutely no-one watching would have called it that.

I'd agree in club football. Whilst all clubs have a minority of idiots, it seems like the people who watch England away draw a lot of people from those subsections.

A mate of mine was unlucky enough to go to England's 3rd meaningless group game in Brazil World Cup. He couldn't believe how much racism was openly on display and the aggressive atmosphere of the England "supporters".

Just now, Millenniumram said:

That’s your opinion, but that’s not the player I saw. He was the one player trying to make things happen - he was frustrating that others around him were doing the same.

Im sure neither my support nor yours mean absolutely anything to Southgate or England. I’m not in Germany and I’m presuming you’re not either. When I’m at Derby games Warne and the team get nothing but positivity from me - this is the place to voice criticism rather than at the stadium, even if certain people like you won’t accept that.

Southgate has said how important the support is and I think it's quite clear that the players are not oblivious to the current online vitriol.

I accept you have the right to criticise anyone and anything, just the same as I have the right to call you out over it.

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So it's the players that get the credit when something good happens and Southgates fault when things aren't going well?

What did these world class players do in the previous 95 minutes?

You're right though, he could have changed it but he didn't, and as a result we are in a quarter final for the 4th tournament running. 

So it's the players fault they are all playing terribly, nothing to do with the manager, his tactics or coaching.  Why bother having one at all?

He changed nothing. And got incredibly lucky...  except he has better players to allow him to be lucky and do exactly what saved him, but he's inhibiting that ability. 

Anyway. Pointless because you're as clueless as him.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'd agree in club football. Whilst all clubs have a minority of idiots, it seems like the people who watch England away draw a lot of people from those subsections.

A mate of mine was unlucky enough to go to England's 3rd meaningless group game in Brazil World Cup. He couldn't believe how much racism was openly on display and the aggressive atmosphere of the England "supporters".

I've followed England home and away (for a period of about 8 years) and on the whole have had nothing but positive experiences.

There was the time when the 'I would rather be a p**I than a Turk' was sung by a few morons.

Beyond that I've never encountered any racism.