Best Chant of All Time

Posted (edited)

2 chants against plymouth argyle that stood out for me about 18 years ago.

One of their fans was a big fat lad and he had a green and white wig on. All the away section pointed him out and sung "whats that in the green and white wig is it a monster, is it a monster"

Also at that same game we sung:

Your dad is your mother, your sister is your brother, you all sh*g eachother, the argyle family

As someone who hates Argyle, it was the greatest day ever. We won 2-1 if I remember.

Edited by SK47

I always liked the "Where's your do key gone?" chant when Tony Adams got sent off in the final BBG game. Sure, they battered us still, but what a day.

Away Vs Swansea, the year after the Prem debacle, locked in a pen outside the Stan after the game chanting "we shag more sheep than you" which got a retort of "now we know what mint sauce is".

A personal favoured is the "we've got the ball/we've lost the ball". It's stupid but it always makes me laugh.

Loved the old 70's Bruce Rioch chant. To the tune of "We'll keep the red flag flying high"

Hello hello, how do you do

We are the boys in white and blue

We love to sing we love to fight

We hate the boys in red and white

We'll sing a song of victory

We'll sing a song in harmony

The Villa fans will never mock

When they remember Bruce Rioch

Rioch, Rioch clap,clap.clap,clap

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

Who'd have thought the Collymore one is over 30 years old now! 

I remember being in that mad away bank at Southend last game in 94 belting the original one out , just the Forest version ending with " he'll never play for England" 

I remember climbing up the fence to be one of the first on the pitch at the end. As I got to the top, I looked down, and the gates had been opened and everyone was running on! 

Great day that! One of those days that doesn't get talked about enough. 

On 14/05/2024 at 09:24, Archie said:

I remember climbing up the fence to be one of the first on the pitch at the end. As I got to the top, I looked down, and the gates had been opened and everyone was running on! 

Great day that! One of those days that doesn't get talked about enough. 

Absolutely! I climbed that fence when Simmo scored the opener to find it covered in grease ! It was all over me 😂. In the pitch invasion i copped a stray elbow to the gob and had a split lip pouring with blood . On the pitch Martin Kuhl asked me if i was ok and he gave me a scarf some bird had given him to mop it up . It's still up in my shed. I remember the seafront pubs packed with Rams fans . Happy Days 🐑🍻🐑🍻

On 09/05/2024 at 07:01, eccles the ram said:

I still like the Allez Allez 21 points one but the words could be changed for the Championship.

Whenever I manage to get up for a game and the majority of the ground start singing that chant really gets me. 

Great to hear everybody in fine voice and its sounds amazing, but it is a nod back to the tough times we have been through and are coming out of.  

I am in my own little Derby bubble down here, but the worry was all consuming back then, looking on here and the DET for updates and any crumb of positive news.  You don't know what you've got till its (almost) gone.

45 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Always liked the song fantasy football started for Jason Lee 😂

"He's got a pineapple, on his head"

"He's got a pineapple, on his head"

Destroyed his career after that 😂😂

Remember some Chelsea fans on a bank holiday in Cornwall in 96 singing that to three policeman.  They didn't take it too well

eaxkVyAQqgjy.gif