Best Chant of All Time

On 09/05/2024 at 11:09, TimRam said:

Think we sang "Stamford Bridge is falling down" to the tune of "London bridge" when we played them in the cup a few seasons ago at their place.

We also played them at PP in the cup when Terry was having an affair with Wayne Bridges mrs. chant went something like

“Chelsea wherever you may be, don’t leave your wife at home with Terry he likes a sh@g he likes a bit of fluff and he’ll get your mrs up the duff”

he wasn’t a happy bunny…

9 hours ago, ossieram said:

Always gets my goat when this is sung!

Years back it was always wings of an Eagle. 

Can't imagine those poor little sparrow wings carrying a crows arse.

The version we started on Wheildon's bus back in the late 60's was much better, IMO.

"If I had the arse of a hippo, and I had the wings of a crow....."

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

All this we did the bounce first stuff.  

Well the first bounce I remember was West Broms "boing" from the early 90's.  Always looked good.  The rest came long after. 

The one I detest more than any other .   MILLLLL...WALLLLLL.  Total dirge and I assume something created for their caves to create echo and scare away Sabre Toothed Tigers.

Always makes me smile to remember us playing at the Hawthorns, the Baggies fans were in mid- boing when we scored. In the quiet that followed, a bloke behind me screamed " Boing boing now yer b*st@rds".

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Quite liked against Leicester once: "Thank you very much for Spencer Prior, thank you very much, thank you very very very much" To the tune for a Roses? advert.

Think that started against Forest regarding Gary Charles, till he scored an own goal and they sang Thank you very much for buying Charles. Quite amusing in hindsight.  He had without doubt the best debut of any player I've seen at Derby against Sunderland.  He ripped them too pieces as an attacking fullback in a 5-0 opening day destruction job.  

Sat in the south east corner when it was the noisy part of the ground. We were playing Cardiff and there was one away fan that stood out in a bright pink polo shirt. The chant of “the only gay in the village, gay in the village” was hilarious.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Think that started against Forest regarding Gary Charles, till he scored an own goal and they sang Thank you very much for buying Charles. Quite amusing in hindsight.  He had without doubt the best debut of any player I've seen at Derby against Sunderland.  He ripped them too pieces as an attacking fullback in a 5-0 opening day destruction job.  

It’s far older than that , we used to sing it about Charlie George to the Arsenal fans. Original song came out in 1968 

This scathing assessment of City fans from the red half of the town has got to be up there.

You think that your moustache is trendy,

You think your Kicker boots are too.

With your Kangol and your fleece,

Ben Sherman on for weeks,

We know that you’re a f****** Blue!

See also:

If you come from Manchester you’re sure to be a blue,

Moston, Collyhurst. Salford, Ancoats too.

And if you think that this is true, you’re nothing but a fool,

’Cos in the town of Manchester, Man United rule!

Nanananaaaaa, we all hate Ciiiiiity!

United’s song book is unrivalled, to be honest. 

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Not a chant as such, but my old mate Malc had wonderful insults for referees.

My favourite was "May your sons and daughters walk sideways - like crabs"

I remember a bloke on the Popside in a break in the game shouting at Mark Wallington "Wally, you've got a head like a gooseberry!". Wally cracked up laughing and applauded the bloke.

22 hours ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

This scathing assessment of City fans from the red half of the town has got to be up there.

You think that your moustache is trendy,

You think your Kicker boots are too.

With your Kangol and your fleece,

Ben Sherman on for weeks,

We know that you’re a f****** Blue!

See also:

If you come from Manchester you’re sure to be a blue,

Moston, Collyhurst. Salford, Ancoats too.

And if you think that this is true, you’re nothing but a fool,

’Cos in the town of Manchester, Man United rule!

Nanananaaaaa, we all hate Ciiiiiity!

United’s song book is unrivalled, to be honest. 

Well they're both a bit "meh", tbh. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, richinspain said:

I remember a bloke on the Popside in a break in the game shouting at Mark Wallington "Wally, you've got a head like a gooseberry!". Wally cracked up laughing and applauded the bloke.

Malc also said "Pejic, you've only got half a nose. If you were a horse, they'd shoot you" - and then he started chanting "Half-nose. Half-nose" and the whole Popside Vulcan took up thew chant. Malc's proudest moment.

There was also a guy called Brian who stood level with the edge of the penalty area - he was the guy who, when we played Arsenal, delighted in calling David Seaman "spu*ky".

Edited by Eddie

On 11/05/2024 at 06:34, 8Leeds said:

Sat in the south east corner when it was the noisy part of the ground. We were playing Cardiff and there was one away fan that stood out in a bright pink polo shirt. The chant of “the only gay in the village, gay in the village” was hilarious.

Am I right in thinking that same game we sang “who’s the slapper, who’s the slapper, who’s the slapper in the pink?”

And she proceeded to mimic fellatio 😂

7 hours ago, cannable said:

Am I right in thinking that same game we sang “who’s the slapper, who’s the slapper, who’s the slapper in the pink?”

And she proceeded to mimic fellatio 😂

I believe they said red but yes, that was the game 😂