Worst Refereeing decision for and against Derby.

For : Chris Martin's "body slam" on Joey Barton that led to John Eustace's winning goal against QPR in Feb 2014. Stroke of genius by the Wardrobe that didn't get spotted by the officials. Barton's face was a picture.

Against: Any one of the numerous poor decisions and non-decisions that robbed us of several points in THAT season. Carraghers body check on Tyrone Mears that left the space for Gerrard to gallop away and score the winning goal at Pride Park.

14 minutes ago, cannable said:

Remember after Zamora my dad saying “still not as bad as Leicester” and I still can’t fathom how that’s possible 😂

I'd agree with your dad - I felt so much worse after the Leicester debacle than I did when we lost to QPR, even though that was so late in the game.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'd agree with your dad - I felt so much worse after the Leicester debacle than I did when we lost to QPR, even though that was so late in the game.

I would agree.

With Leicester we knew it was the last chance with that team.

With QPR we felt it was just a delay in our rise.

Both preconceptions turned out to be wrong 

Edited by sage

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I would agree.

With Leicester we knew it was the last chance with that team.

With QPR we felt it was just a delay in our rise.

Both preconceptions turned out to be wrong 

Oooh, that's a prosaic post - like it!

The Harry Kewell dive really stuck with me. Glad it's got a mention.

Last minute and he just pushes the ball forward and hits the deck. Before getting up to joyfully celebrate with the Leeds players/fans.

I never felt the Leicester Play Off Final was that 'bad'. Just terribly, horribly gutting. As has been said, it felt like a death. The QPR game felt more like an annoying blip in comparison. 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, sage said:

In what sense do you mean 'prosaic'

Errm I think I was just trying to use a nice word to say I liked the sentiment of the post and the way it was written. Apologies if I have fallen foul of the grammar police, been a few years since my O-Level English Language.

<Edit of edit>: Just checked online - nope, that wasn't what I intended to say at all. Very much the opposite.

image.thumb.png.13529a5eadc43f750dcad4ab2e95ca0c.png

Edited by BaaLocks

41 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Errm I think I was just trying to use a nice word to say I liked the sentiment of the post and the way it was written. Apologies if I have fallen foul of the grammar police, been a few years since my O-Level English Language.

<Edit of edit>: Just checked online - nope, that wasn't what I intended to say at all. Very much the opposite.

image.thumb.png.13529a5eadc43f750dcad4ab2e95ca0c.png

I didn't know what prosaic meant before this exchange either. I thought it was an anti-depressant.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

I seem to remember one involving Harry Kewell. 

The dive in the box to win the penalty in the 0-1 defeat at PP? Disliked him ever since.

*Reading through the posts, I see this has been mentioned several times. 

Edited by CaverRam

Some howlers like the penalty Sav won for Leicester and the double clanger from Tw@twell on those 2 Miles Addison disallowed goals against the Red Dogs but for sheer consistency in a single game, I have to go for at Bolton om September 2nd, 2023. 

In no particular order...

1. He turned down a nailed on penalty

2. He disallowed a perfectly good goal... to give us a penalty, from which we scored. To be somewhat fair to the lad, he did blow before the ball crossed the line but he was way too quick to give the decision. There was something like 2 seconds between the foul and the goal. Why didn't he wait to see if there was any advantage first?

3. He turned down another nailed on penalty

4. He sent Wildsmith off for handling the ball outside the area. The ball hit him in the chest, Red card rescinded on appeal

5. He gave Bolton a penalty for a foul by Korey Smith. Now, it was a foul, no doubt about that, however, it was outside the box

53 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Some howlers like the penalty Sav won for Leicester and the double clanger from Tw@twell on those 2 Miles Addison disallowed goals against the Red Dogs but for sheer consistency in a single game, I have to go for at Bolton om September 2nd, 2023. 

In no particular order...

1. He turned down a nailed on penalty

2. He disallowed a perfectly good goal... to give us a penalty, from which we scored. To be somewhat fair to the lad, he did blow before the ball crossed the line but he was way too quick to give the decision. There was something like 2 seconds between the foul and the goal. Why didn't he wait to see if there was any advantage first?

3. He turned down another nailed on penalty

4. He sent Wildsmith off for handling the ball outside the area. The ball hit him in the chest, Red card rescinded on appeal

5. He gave Bolton a penalty for a foul by Korey Smith. Now, it was a foul, no doubt about that, however, it was outside the box

Charles Breakspear was the ref. The same guy who gave Plymouth a penalty for a dive by Finn Azaz last season. Thankfully he's partly made up for it now with his performance in the home game against Reading where he gave us a penalty at 1-1 despite Gayle handballing it and diving to win us a vital penalty.

On 08/05/2024 at 21:36, Van der MoodHoover said:

I was going to say this one. I was in the North stand that day behind the goal and got a prime view as a block tackle on the ball was made and he threw his head back,  straightened up and dived poleaxed.

Utter turd.

Who would have guessed that a few years later he would become a Rams Leg End!🥴

On 09/05/2024 at 13:25, Old Spalding Ram said:

May 9 1986…………..38 years ago today, blooming heck!

“ Mr Fitzharris from Bolton pointed to the spot”

“Christie looking as cool as custard, comes back, one two three four, shoots

GOAL GOAL GOAL”

……………….Richards at his very very best!

They can stuff the Prem as this is what football is all about.

I was only 11 but still remember that season, that game, that peno and the feeling of relief and joy at full time like it yesterday. And how fortunate we are to have it all perfectly described by the great Graham Richards. 

There was less jeopardy and drama versus Carlisle last week but the overall sense of relief, happiness and pride still packed a similar punch. 

Posted (edited)
On 09/05/2024 at 23:39, Chester40 said:

The Harry Kewell dive really stuck with me. Glad it's got a mention.

Last minute and he just pushes the ball forward and hits the deck. Before getting up to joyfully celebrate with the Leeds players/fans.

I was a small child for this game and it sticks in the head all these years later

The attwell f*** up against forest was bad but surely the most damaging was the decision to second yellow martin at burnely instead of the penalty.

Edited by alexxxxx

On 09/05/2024 at 14:25, Old Spalding Ram said:

May 9 1986…………..38 years ago today, blooming heck!

“ Mr Fitzharris from Bolton pointed to the spot”

“Christie looking as cool as custard, comes back, one two three four, shoots

GOAL GOAL GOAL”

……………….Richards at his very very best!

How anyone ( @sage for now) can say that wasn't a penalty needs to rethink. Nailed on penalty for me. It was before the direct red for a professional foul, so the defender had to stay on. The referee warned before the free kick that he would be looking for any pushing or holding in the wall. Their player virtually body slams Davison to the floor (ok that last bit I've exaggerated a bit) and the ref immediately blows for the penalty. That's the way I saw it at the time, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.