Pre season

44 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I said that watching the match... Vieira-esque.  

Similar to Bellingham too in that he seems bigger and more athletic than everyone else without being 'bulky'.

Good touch, can drive,  cultured... Young lad so can't be expected to perform like that every week but he was a class above today. 

Kenzo seems skillful but hard working too. 

Add the keeper, a left back,  a center back with pace, another striker and a bit more creativity and we could surprise a few people.

Much better today, especially 2nd half with Wilson and Fozzy driving us forward.

Toothless first half so still concerned with us scoring next week,  but players win you matches and we seem to have got recruitment right this time.

That’s quite a bit for us still to add at this time of the season…. Almost the spine of a competitive team… cost a fair bit too.

I’ll have to spout forth later, dinner to cook. Meanwhile, Lots of positives against a cultured side. Weird thing to say in this short post but did anyone else note Fornah’s Cameo ? .. cleaning up at the back, quick feet and two absolutely delightful defence opening reverse passes. We have midfield options galore … just need a man to take the chances / stamp his name on the field.

3 minutes ago, jono said:

did anyone else note Fornah’s Cameo ? .. cleaning up at the back, quick feet and two absolutely delightful defence opening reverse passes. We have midfield options galore … just need a man to take the chances / stamp his name on the field.

Yes the red cod piece wasn't too hard to spot 

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Well what a load of tosh that was. Fancy beating a La Liga side and being fairly comfortable. Now I haven'y got anything to moan about! Still, there's always next season's friendlies!

Seriously though, they was a bit of all right. Decent opposition, and we didn't look out of place. And yes, we have seen a ref just as whistle happy, 'cos it was the same bloke who reffed the home match against Port Vale, and he was even worse in that one!

I am happy because we turned midfield into occupied territory instead of no-man's land. And moved the ball well through. Here's hoping! The difference was when Warne got Ozoh to play further forwards, with Osbourne sitting deeper. Much, much better. And his goal made him look like a striker - it was really well poached! 

The substitutions took our momentum away, and we went into "hold what we have" mode with all those minutes still to play. But we can't have everything all in one go - at least we have discovered that midfield really exists, and that is exciting!

Ozoh and Knzo look a level above, so hopefully we have signed them for next season. Overall, very happy, with more players to come, hopefully before the season ends!

Wasn't at the game but from watching the highlights I thought the ref looked familiar. His overall performance against Port Vale was possibly the worst I've ever seen after following the Rams for over 40 years. Yes, we've had the likes of Atwell, Madley etc who've dropped almighty clangers which proved to be costly for us, but for 90 minutes this guy was dreadful - hope that's the last we see of him this season.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Wasn't at the game but from watching the highlights I thought the ref looked familiar. His overall performance against Port Vale was possibly the worst I've ever seen after following the Rams for over 40 years. Yes, we've had the likes of Atwell, Madley etc who've dropped almighty clangers which proved to be costly for us, but for 90 minutes this guy was dreadful - hope that's the last we see of him this season.

He's a Premier League ref now, you have nothing to worry about.

First game I've seen and, after reading people's reactions to the previous games, I have to say I was a little anxious. However I was pleasantly surprised, and feeling more confident about the upcoming season. Ozoh was the standout, going to be a good battle between him and Ebou for the shirt, assuming they are not going to play together? Good to see Fozzy being Fozzy. Kenzo looks to have some skill. But as I'm an old softie, loveliest part of the day was Cashin bringing little Reuben and his sister over to the East Stand after the game to give us all a wave. I don't mind saying, brought a tear to my eye! 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Yep, fast tracked. Pity someone forgot to switch the points 

Going out on a limb here. Yep fussy as duck, blew up for everything, didn’t let the game flow, fell for every swan dive …. But decisions were technically spot on and applied without fear or favour. Would I want him again ? .. on the entertainment scale it’s a zero, on the knowledge, keeping up with the game and fairness ? He did well .. 

My take is that we have lots of midfield guile skill strength and creativity and all coming at those disciplines from different angles. Ozou gets the plaudits .. wow he is a unit and skilled with it. Got a bit of Wanchope in the way those legs move and the loping easy athletic gait. Kenzo is young but isn’t getting bossed by anyone, Osborn is an irritating nuisance of player who will drive oponents nuts and the nice surprise was Fornah and some tasty Incisive passing. 

The down sides: Missing a focal point and Cash still not up to speed (but he was dropped in it, he made a mistake but what lead to it was not of his making. 

Why did we give their No11 so much space so often ? Good player though, skinny little un shoulder barging Nyambe and wining it .. credit where credit is due. 

Other mutterings Yates will score goals, Fozzy has class, Tommo is going to be back up again, but contribute.

Funny moment … The ever amiable Nelson in the post match interview … went ice cold when it was suggested Ozou might rival him in the gym .. “So Curtis, is he going to stretch you in the gym” ….. long pause … monosyllabic response with zero inflection “NO”

Edited by jono

6 hours ago, jono said:

Going out on a limb here. Yep fussy as duck, blew up for everything, didn’t let the game flow, fell for every swan dive …. But decisions were technically spot on and applied without fear or favour. Would I want him again ? .. on the entertainment scale it’s a zero, on the knowledge, keeping up with the game and fairness ? He did well .. 

It was a friendly played at walking pace. Both teams happy to get a bit of a run out with no pace to the game and no aggression.

There were no incidents to speak of.

Also no aggro, no arguing, barely any tackles but any that did occur were given as a freekick.

Dreadful ref.

14 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The fact no left back has been able to fully dislodge Fozzy in over ten years is insane.

That's because Fozzy is a really good player. International class in his prime. He's really, really quick and still is. He is terrific one on one with a winger and is good in the air. With his experience now he can play at the back in the middle and when fully fit is our best defender. Better than Cashin, better than Nelson

5 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

That's because Fozzy is a really good player. International class in his prime. He's really, really quick and still is. He is terrific one on one with a winger and is good in the air. With his experience now he can play at the back in the middle and when fully fit is our best defender. Better than Cashin, better than Nelson

Morning Craig 

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

It was a friendly played at walking pace. Both teams happy to get a bit of a run out with no pace to the game and no aggression.

There were no incidents to speak of.

Also no aggro, no arguing, barely any tackles but any that did occur were given as a freekick.

Dreadful ref.

There was a few clean tackles that were wrongly penalised imo, particularly the one against Ozoh by the home dugout where the oppo's player simply tripped over the ball. Also, every Derby player receiving the ball with his back to goal was treated to a two-handed shove in the back, few of which were punished.

As @jono said, he didn't make any bad decisions which affected the result, but I think the PL are welcome to him.