Pre season

Key points from Warnes interview with bbc radio derby

-Everyone got through the game fit

-Ebou was sore so wasn’t risked 

-CBT will be in training this week but won’t play Friday

-Joe Ward just has some fluid in his knee and isn’t bad 

-On Zetterström, Warne has said we’re talking to 3 goalies. Said it’s up to the club when they release their player regardless if a fees agreed. We should have a goalie in the building next week. 

-Not close to a centre half. He does want one though. 

-Still wants a striker and “more options at the back”

we also know there’s a loan deal agreed which will sign when the parent club release him. 

2 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I thought we would struggle to have any possession but we didn't, it was an even game. Good stuff Derby, encouraging 

We were very good. The issues we have are clear to see, but to fix those issues will cost money. Fixing those issues will be the difference between a good and a bad season.

Nyambe and Elder offered nothing going forward. That left Barkhuizon and NML isolated. That's a big issue as we tend to set up to create on the flanks. Nyambe certainly looks solid defensively, but I don't think we are strong enough to defend for 80 mins a game and hope to snatch one from a corner. Far better with Fozzy and Wilson.

I think the midfield 6 offer enough to start and cover. Kenzo looks like a find. We're a winger and a striker short though. Sadly, Brown looks like he isn't ready yet. Loan to League appears to be the best option.

Cashin wasn't attacking the ball, so looked poor. Nelson was excellent as usual. Vickers looks scared every time the ball goes near him. I can only imagine that he's unsettled by knowing he's thought of a back up.

Edited by CornwallRam

14 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Key points from Warnes interview with bbc radio derby

-Everyone got through the game fit

-Ebou was sore so wasn’t risked 

-CBT will be in training this week but won’t play Friday

-Joe Ward just has some fluid in his knee and isn’t bad 

-On Zetterström, Warne has said we’re talking to 3 goalies. Said it’s up to the club when they release their player regardless if a fees agreed. We should have a goalie in the building next week. 

-Not close to a centre half. He does want one though. 

-Still wants a striker and “more options at the back”

we also know there’s a loan deal agreed which will sign when the parent club release him. 

Centre back an interesting one, will they be a starter or to provide cover to cashin and Nelson.

think we all agree a left back needed.

Striker of quality I think what can take us up a level. Goals from nothing are a huge thing.

Not too stressed on the keeper issue, seems confident and is obviously going to address it.

Midfield looks decent, be interesting who the starting three are

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Nyambe and Elder offered nothing going forward. That left Barkhuizon and NML isolated. That's a big issue as we tend to set up to create on the flanks. Nyambe certainly looks solid defensively, but I don't think we are strong enough to defend for 80 mins a game and hope to snatch one from a corner. Far better with Fozzy and Wilson.

I think the midfield 6 offer enough to start and cover. Kenzo looks like a find. We're a winger and a striker short though. Sadly, Brown looks like he isn't ready yet. Loan to League appears to be the best option.

Cashin wasn't attacking the ball, so looked poor. Nelson was excellent as usual. Vickers looks scared every time the ball goes near him. I can only imagine that he's unsettled by knowing he's though of a back up.

Yeah wide options don’t look amazing, nml should be fine in championship, Jackson, barkhuizen and cbt I’m not so sure on though.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

The Sam goes for quite a few of our players if we are honest 

Seems a bit harsh 

Which ‘quite a few’ are you referring to specifically ? 

8 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Cashin wasn't attacking the ball, so looked poor. Nelson was excellent as usual. Vickers looks scared every time the ball goes near him. I can only imagine that he's unsettled by knowing he's though of a back up.

Just got back from the game and that’s how I saw it . The defence looked tons better in the 2nd half . Don’t know what’s wrong with Cashin but he looks like he is carrying bag of cement round with him . Sonny-Big-B’s looks like he has got a start V Blackburn . 

5 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Centre back an interesting one, will they be a starter or to provide cover to cashin and Nelson.

think we all agree a left back needed.

Striker of quality I think what can take us up a level. Goals from nothing are a huge thing.

Not too stressed on the keeper issue, seems confident and is obviously going to address it.

Midfield looks decent, be interesting who the starting three are

The CB is a difficult one as they need to be good enough to start in a back 3 alongside Cashin and Nelson, but also be content enough to sit on the bench when it's a back 4. We need a player capable as RCB in a back 4, as we only really have Nelson who can play there. Cashin, Bradley and Forsyth all comfortable on the left.

Warne previously stated wanting another 8/10 - presumably to compete with Goudmijn. I'm not sure where that leaves Fornah, as he'd be 7th choice CM.