Wycombe bought by Kazak billionaire

15 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I am amazed a deal like this could go under the radar until announced. 

I read something about this potential tie-up when I was browsing their forum before we played them recently. It'll be interesting to see if this guy is as evangelical about FFP as the Yankee ambulance chaser is.

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Jesus that's lurid.

I particularly like the notes explaining massive transfers of assets for "certain non-cash considerations".

What were they then, fingers...kneecaps.....relatives?

Surely the default has to be that if there isn't full traceability of sources of funds, assume it's dodgy and say no?

41 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Jesus that's lurid.

I particularly like the notes explaining massive transfers of assets for "certain non-cash considerations".

What were they then, fingers...kneecaps.....relatives?

Surely the default has to be that if there isn't full traceability of sources of funds, assume it's dodgy and say no?

You'd think so. I haven't read a more recent piece about him but, like many rich individuals from the old Soviet states, he seems to have improved his PR and his business practices where they once appeared questionable. It'll be interesting to see what his plans for Wankombe Wankerers are other than to try to "do a Bournemouth". There's zero chance of them growing much though.

Do they have a lot of potential being a southern club? Can’t say I’m familiar with Wycombe and its surrounding areas.

If you are a billionaire, and want to put money into a club, I see Charlton as a prime opportunity. London club, 27k stadium but looks like it could expand to higher.

Top players want to play in London. It’s the only reason the likes of Palace and Fulham are comfortable PL clubs. If they were located in the midlands they would be lower Championship clubs.

19 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Do they have a lot of potential being a southern club? Can’t say I’m familiar with Wycombe and its surrounding areas.

If you are a billionaire, and want to put money into a club, I see Charlton as a prime opportunity. London club, 27k stadium but looks like it could expand to higher.

Top players want to play in London. It’s the only reason the likes of Palace and Fulham are comfortable PL clubs. If they were located in the midlands they would be lower Championship clubs.

I think this must be a major factor. High Wycombe is very well connected to London, just 20 miles from Windsor and 30 miles from central London, and almost counts as a London club nowadays. If you're a billionaire owner and a multimillionaire player, you might well prefer picking somewhere in the affluent Thames Valley west of London, rather than go south of the river to places like Charlton/Palace/Millwall.