Birmingham relegated.

23 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Someone should form a club called London Town and wait for some rich fool to invest millions.

Well, there's a club in the 'Combined Counties League Division One' (Step 6) called London Colney, with an average home attendance of 20. Ripe for investment I'd say.

Same league, Amersham town, runaway winners with 111 points from 42 matches only averaged 67.

2 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Birmingham. Have you never been to Edgbaston, Digbeth, Sutton Coldfield? I lived for several years in Erdington, Five Ways and Four Oaks. Lovely but pricey

Lived and worked in both Birmingham and Bristol over the years. There are exceptions obviously, but I doubt anyone in their right mind would opt for Brum over Bristol. Relatively coastal, literally surrounded by the Costwalds and national landscape. Glastonbury on the doorstep, Cheltenham just up the road for the ponies...

Brum has only two saving graces; Mr Popadopalopadopolopolous (or whatever the f*** his name is) lives in Bristol, and Brum is closer to Derby (so gets some cache by association 😎). 

3 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Birmingham. Have you never been to Edgbaston, Digbeth, Sutton Coldfield? I lived for several years in Erdington, Five Ways and Four Oaks. Lovely but pricey

I don’t think many people would consider the majority of Erdington as particularly up market or lovely and certainly not Digbeth.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t think many people would consider the majority of Erdington as particularly up market or lovely and certainly not Digbeth.

Yeah, going back 40 years to when I was there Erdington was only a marginal improvement on Gravelly Hill and Digbeth was grotty (though the latter is now 'Bohemian' I gather). Harborne was seen as desirable then and Edgbaston certainly so. The truly wealthy lived around Solihull and the Ardens. 

46 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

You were saying? 
“Sutton Coldfield and its surrounding suburbs are governed under Birmingham City Council for local government purposes but the town has its own town council which governs the town and its surrounding areas by running local services and electing a mayor to the council. It became part of Birmingham and the West Midlands metropolitan county under the Local Government Act 1972.

Sorry. I am just living in the past. As a Warwickshire man, I still refuse to accept that it, along with Solihull and Coventry, were ripped from us.

48 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Lived and worked in both Birmingham and Bristol over the years. There are exceptions obviously, but I doubt anyone in their right mind would opt for Brum over Bristol. Relatively coastal, literally surrounded by the Costwalds and national landscape. Glastonbury on the doorstep, Cheltenham just up the road for the ponies...

Brum has only two saving graces; Mr Popadopalopadopolopolous (or whatever the f*** his name is) lives in Bristol, and Brum is closer to Derby (so gets some cache by association 😎). 

You can even live in Wales if you want to, Chepstow, Caldicot, Severn Tunnel Junction......

To be fair, there are some pretty ropey bits of Bristol as well, but I'd assume footballers probably don't live in those bits....but presumably in the spare room of his ma's house Mr ploppydoppy Bristol rovers superfan vents his impotent rage at a world that has failed to provide him with wealth, status, companionship or freedom from fungal infections.....

3 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Yes.  I regularly used the National Express through it 20 years ago.  I'd sit on my bag to keep it safe.  s*******.

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yes.  I regularly used the National Express through it 20 years ago.  I'd sit on my bag to keep it safe.  s*******.

Been there, done that, suffered the tight b****** who wouldn't pay to use the toilet there and utterly destroyed the one on the coach as soon as we left so the entire next 3 hours had the alluring aroma of blocked chemical toilet.....

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

Tbf, if that had happened then I'd have hoped that someone would have started a thread about them when they were relegated so that we could all take the p***.....

Oooh no... we're not like that around here. 
Gallic shrug and move on is my motto!  

Birmingham, like all places has its nice areas and its not so nice areas. Birmingham City like all teams has its nice fans and its not so nice fans. Granted with Birmingham the not so nice is a slightly higher proportion than most places or clubs.

There are areas of Birmingham where property prices will be higher than anything in Derby, likewise all the Bluenoses that I know have given me nothing but support over the last few difficult years. Quite a few have come up and shook my hand and congratulated me on our promotion whilst suffering the heartache of their relegation. For these people, they have my sympathy, for the couple of thousand morons who 'graced' PP, two years ago, I'm loving it.

For those on here slating the city for being just one s******* and for saying that the entire fanbase are all morons, you are embarrassing yourselves by revealing your ignorance.

I live just outside the city and have many Bluenose fans as friends and I'm offended by many of the comments on this topic.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Birmingham, like all places has its nice areas and its not so nice areas. Birmingham City like all teams has its nice fans and its not so nice fans. Granted with Birmingham the not so nice is a slightly higher proportion than most places or clubs.

There are areas of Birmingham where property prices will be higher than anything in Derby, likewise all the Bluenoses that I know have given me nothing but support over the last few difficult years. Quite a few have come up and shook my hand and congratulated me on our promotion whilst suffering the heartache of their relegation. For these people, they have my sympathy, for the couple of thousand morons who 'graced' PP, two years ago, I'm loving it.

For those on here slating the city for being just one s******* and for saying that the entire fanbase are all morons, you are embarrassing yourselves by revealing your ignorance.

I live just outside the city and have many Bluenose fans as friends and I'm offended by many of the comments on this topic.

Heck, if you’re offended by many of the comments on this topic then I suggest you avoid social media altogether. 😀

As you say, every city has its good and bad areas. One thing is for certain, professional footballers playing at a reasonable level are very unlikely to live or even venture into the less attractive areas. I suspect the Birmingham City players live in the leafy suburbs and only travel into the Small Heath area of Birmingham in order to attend the stadium. They might well go into the city centre but, IMO (having worked in the city - Edgbaston, St. Phillips Sqaure, Colmore Row and Brindley Place for many years) the city itself is OK.

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

The most expensive bit of Birmingham is Sutton Coldfield at an average of 500k.  In Derby it's over 800k in Quarndon.