Season starts 9th August, who do you want…

11 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Charlton away was a reasonably comfortable win vs a team at a real low ebb, but with a new manager in place, they beat us at home a few weeks later around a good run of form.

It's a good point. I think we'd have beaten them if we'd played them at home when we were originally intended to in October.

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

It's a good point. I think we'd have beaten them if we'd played them at home when we were originally intended to in October.

True. And probably not won at their place if they had changed manager a little earlier.

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Huddersfield. I read today that they’ve played the eventual champions in the first fixture for the last 4 seasons. 

Huddersfield need a minimum 15 goal swimg on Saturday to stay up, and they’re away to Ipswich. Not sure they’ll be in the championship, as even a 15-0 away win might not be enough 

19 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Huddersfield. I read today that they’ve played the eventual champions in the first fixture for the last 4 seasons. 

Unfortunately they are already down…

Who would I like to play our first game against?

Away to Cardiff, so we can show off our new signing to their fans.

But the EFL like to give the little clubs coming up from the lower league an early game against the big boys to show them how much harder it is playing in the Championship .  So It'll be at home to either a relegated club or one that missed out in the play-offs.

So Burnley or Norwich.

I’d normally say a home game but an away game at pompey in the summer to spend a couple days down on the south coast will do me. Or Southampton, or Plymouth actually. 

6 hours ago, ossieram said:
15 hours ago, WystonRam said:

It will probably be Plymouth away, Friday at 8pm.

That will do for me, I'm on holiday. 

Yes I will take that, but they need to secure their Championship place this Saturday against Liam Rosenior's Hull City.