Season starts 9th August, who do you want…

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Think it's good to play a relegated team early on, especially they are going to be strong. Re-adjusting to life after relegation can be tough, whereas promoted sides go into the season with an initial feelgood factor.

Blades away then on that logic, Wilder will get them ticking eventually but there’s some serious psychological damage there.

Whilst you have to play everyone twice, when you play teams can have a pretty big impact.

The Cheltenham away match seemed like a terrible draw at the time, but that was the start of them becoming much better under a new manager.

Leighton Orient were not much good when we won away at their place, but did have a good run of form that had dropped right off before we beat them easily at home.

Charlton away was a reasonably comfortable win vs a team at a real low ebb, but with a new manager in place, they beat us at home a few weeks later around a good run of form.

The poor away draw at Lincoln seems much better now after the amazing run they went on. No real complaints losing away to a good Barnsley side, but they had turned hopeless by the end of the season.

There must be an analysis somewhere of who had the hardest/easiest fixtures of when they played who. It may even itself out, but you could also get lucky/unlucky.

Also throw in cup games/postponements/nothing to play for etc and would be interesting. Bolton faded badly at the end, but those postponements and cup games probably caught up with them.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Huddersfield. I read today that they’ve played the eventual champions in the first fixture for the last 4 seasons. 

Good point, but think we'll be in a different league.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Huddersfield. I read today that they’ve played the eventual champions in the first fixture for the last 4 seasons. 

I'm sure we played them first when we got relegated and that was three years ago. This is an outrage and something we cannot accept.  Deny us a premier league place with relegation to boot.  We'll consider our options.... someone get me De Marco, a barrel of Retsina and a wafer thin mint and don't skimp on the pate.

12 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Thats true and 5 seasons ago who did they play first game of the season. Derby effing county. 🤣