Retained List

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe. It needs to be correctly targeted ruthlessness.

Well, obviously we need to see exactly what he’s done. But if a list came out and all those players 30+ were going, I wouldn’t be unhappy. 

Wildsmith has been a great servant for Derby and I wish him well if we move on. I always felt that Warne was never completely sold and thought at this point where he wants to be paid as a Championship number one goalkeeper that it may play out in this fashion. 

The rest I’m really happy about as it means that we are going to strengthen across the board. There is merit in keeping Smith, Collins, etc but they aren’t impactful players at the next level and it takes up a squad place. Collins is on good money too, as I assume Smith may as well be too. It does allow us to shape the squad more so in Warne’s vision. 

23 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Sounds like it’s going to be a slow start to the season as 12 players integrate themselves into the first team squad. 

Will require some patience. 

Fingers crossed there’s enough of the squad left from last season to keep that team spirit from promotion together. 

Guess a slow start is preferable to no chance if we kept the bulk of the same team. 

32 minutes ago, Srg said:

Well, obviously we need to see exactly what he’s done. But if a list came out and all those players 30+ were going, I wouldn’t be unhappy. 

I would think that Warne will want some 'influence' in the dressing room from experienced players, I'd be surprised to see them all go. But who knows.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I would think that Warne will want some 'influence' in the dressing room from experienced players, I'd be surprised to see them all go. But who knows.

Influence is fine, but if they have no use on the pitch when they’re being paid to have one, there’s little point. We would still have Nelson, NML and Cashin as the heartbeat, Bradley knocking about somewhere. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Sounds like it’s going to be a slow start to the season as 12 players integrate themselves into the first team squad. 

Will require some patience. 

Fingers crossed there’s enough of the squad left from last season to keep that team spirit from promotion together. 

Similar to last season, then. That turned out alright. 👍

Posted (edited)

Leigh Curtis using one of our favourite words “imminent” with regards to the retained list in this article. Also says “Waghorn and Gayle are expected to leave the club” which adds more weight to some of the rumoured ITK comments on here;

This is an interesting quote as well adding a bit of context to the European scouting;

“Changes to the rules last summer, meant that Championship clubs are now free to sign up to four overseas players who do not meet the current international visa points system.”

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

16 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I dont see Iverson as a number 1. He was rather average when at Preston a couple of years back, and pretty poor at Stoke.

This would make sense if the rumour of Vickers leaving is also true. He'll also help with integrating any Danish (and Dutch to a lesser extent) players to the club.

Interesting as I think he is an excellent goalkeeper and was very good when at Preston whilst being at Stoke has blotted many decent players CV 

whilst being a Leicester player indicates a higher wage which could be a problem 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Influence is fine, but if they have no use on the pitch when they’re being paid to have one, there’s little point. We would still have Nelson, NML and Cashin as the heartbeat, Bradley knocking about somewhere. 

Right so when you said all those 30+ players you didn't mean ALL those 30+ player? 😀

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Interesting as I think he is an excellent goalkeeper and was very good when at Preston whilst being at Stoke has blotted many decent players CV 

whilst being a Leicester player indicates a higher wage which could be a problem 

Leicester City fans are saying , they would rather let Ward go than Iverson . 

18 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I wonder how often clubs simply don't offer anything?

Seems 'polite' regardless,  but also like good business sense most of the time to offer something....even if you have a good idea they won't accept. 

Sorry we don't see you as our number 1 striker,  we can only offer you 60% of your current wage to be reserve/back up so we totally understand its probably not what you want...

They might do just that.... unless they really don't want the player.