Retained List

27 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Nothing to do with finances then with Knight and Bird, who along with Cashin, were the only sellable assets we had?

And we’ll ignore Adams being a roaring success in midfield!

and that sibley barely if ever played in midfield.

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Barnsley don’t have a manager and I would think Sibley’s wages would be beyond what they would want to pay either, as well as any compensation that we would be due. 

I have absolutely no doubt Sibley will have an array of Championship clubs taking an interest too. I could see him leaving but I’d be stunned beyond belief if it’s back to League One - unless Birmingham throw a ton of cash at him (£20k a week, etc) 

Would it be a surprise to see him turn up at a certain West Country Champ rival?

40 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Nothing to do with finances then with Knight and Bird, who along with Cashin, were the only sellable assets we had?

Nope. We didn't spend the budget first Warne season. 

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I would totally agree if retained lists were black and white but they’re usually just who’s definitely still here, who’s definitely going and who we’re still talking too. All automatic extensions will have already happened the day of or after the game or maybe even before. 

Exactly. It's not black and white with no doubt the club still in negotiations with certain players. If it considered potentially beneficial to wait for more progress to be made then that's OK with me. 

26 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Similar rumour about Hourihane...

I wouldn't mind this if he's coming on with 15/20 to play his corners alone could get us some valuable points throughout the season, if he's got a couple of runners behind him and he doesn't have to track back so much all good.

Just now, YouRams said:

I wouldn't mind this if he's coming on with 15/20 to play his corners alone could get us some valuable points throughout the season, if he's got a couple of runners behind him and he doesn't have to track back so much all good.

His corners are no better than Sibley, Ward or even Elder. He's not worth it.