Wildsmith

Just hope that the thinking isn’t that Vickers becomes the number 1- but knowing his connection with PW I suspect this may be the case. Even more so with Loach leaving- so a new number 2 (only) required ?

JW clearly didn’t want to be part of the ongoing project- maybe he just wanted or felt he deserved more money. At the end of the day he did well for us and we wish him well- but it’s not a disaster.

3 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Dignified exits for Smith & Hourihane, two model professionals who would not really contribute in the Champ. Wierd exit for Wildsmith.

I honestly dk how Forsyth gets an extension triggered from last seasons appearances. 

I think he had the option of a one year extension…

I think Joe wanted #1 status and perhaps that's not PW's plan. I think he is moving into the prime years for a keeper and clearly wants guaranteed football and as a man with a young family, that's understandable. That said, I'm very sad to see Joe leave as he's been generally excellent for us over the last 2 years.

I suppose all we can do is say, 'cheers Joe, thanks for the memories' and wish the lad well for the future.

35 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Dignified exits for Smith & Hourihane, two model professionals who would not really contribute in the Champ. Wierd exit for Wildsmith.

I honestly dk how Forsyth gets an extension triggered from last seasons appearances. 

I honestly believe he’s one of those who breathe the club with every breath. He will be cover almost certainly, but his legs haven’t gone, he could stand in, in 3 different positions and give a good account of himself. 

35 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Just hope that the thinking isn’t that Vickers becomes the number 1- but knowing his connection with PW I suspect this may be the case. Even more so with Loach leaving- so a new number 2 (only) required ?

JW clearly didn’t want to be part of the ongoing project- maybe he just wanted or felt he deserved more money. At the end of the day he did well for us and we wish him well- but it’s not a disaster.

Vickers sounds like he’s off too. The same ITKers who leaked the retained list also mentioned that was the case and having looked on the Rotherham forum, someone on their mentioned a keeper coming in ‘who was well known to the fans’. 

24 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

I think he had the option of a one year extension…

Well, I don't get that either.  Incredibly likeable, amazing comeback from injuries and some great performances in LG 1 but is very close to retirement.   If anything, we need more mobile pacy defenders to balance things out back there.  Seems overly generous from the club to me.

5 minutes ago, jono said:

I honestly believe he’s one of those who breathe the club with every breath. He will be cover almost certainly, but his legs haven’t gone, he could stand in, in 3 different positions and give a good account of himself. 

Sure great guy.  CB cover maybe but another slow one.  Can't see him at LB or LWB at this level. 

49 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Just had a look. 26 games. Fair play. Although, a lot of that was the injury to Elder I seem to recall.  Thinking about it, if fully fit, a better CB than Bradley, in some ways. Again, I think I just think lack pace at the back is our weakness with only Nyambe who you would say is quick.