Shrews

unclej

Catching up with Shrewsbury Towns manager after their 0-2 home defeat against WW on Saturday and their up-and-coming fixture against our current rivals. Not greatly confident that they can win it following his comment that he expects BW to be in the Championship next year, either by automatic or play-offs.  Come on lads, gather your limbs. 

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2024/april/pre-bolton--paul-hurst/

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Id be amazed if Shrewsbury got anything tonight to be honest. Hope they do. I just cannot see it.

I would agree. I can imagine if I were a BW fan I would be feeling the pressure of “must winning”. So far the BW players have stood up under pressure well and I expect them to again today.

It's seems like a case of do Bolton blow it here, rather than are Shrewsbury able to get something, which is probably a bit of a disservice to Shrewsbury. But on the other hand,I can't see Bolton dropping points today, so it's still on us to win our last 2 games.

Bolton to win at an absolute canter IMHO. I expect us to have to win our last 2.

Bolton may have had a tough game at the weekend but Shrewsbury are garbage and played a good chunk of their game on Saturday with 10 men after a sending off so will be far from fresh.. Makes it doubly frustrating when you think that we tossed away a couple of points by failing to beat them at PP a couple of months back with one of our signature sloppy late goals conceded. Ifs and buts.. I know....

david bowie mic GIFHow anxious are we all considering we don’t kick a ball in anger. Though a Bolton win may leave me feeling like I’ve had mine kicked several times over. 
Let’s hope pressure tells.

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

My head says 1-1 with a red card and multiple injuries for Bolton but I can’t look past at least 3-0 Bolton 

Surely you meant your heart says 1:1 but your head says at least 3:0 to Bolton?

I reckon we’d all be equally surprised and delighted if Shrewsbury got anything out of tonight.

PW and the team will be aiming to win both of our remaining games. Us, as supporters, have probably got to accept that’s what’s required.

Routine win for Bolton i think although we did not beat them in both games this season so who knows

What i do know is  if we cant beat Cambridge and Carlisle in our last two games we only have our selves to blame because i am not that confident we would make it through the play offs