Shrews

unclej

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

They've got the best team in the league according to their fans. Every time they fail to beat a promotion rival all they can talk about is how crap the team they've just dropped points to are.

I had a quick tour of a couple of Trotters forums last night. It was so like deja-vu it was uncanny.

33 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

For the best footballing team in the league, Bolton sure do struggle to put the ball in the net when it matters.

Hit the woodwork twice last night and also this...

We look back a CBT's miss and think that we're the only team that miss sitters. Looking at this and watching Liverpool v Palace on Sunday makes you realise that other players, including 'world class' players also miss sitters.

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

For the best footballing team in the league, Bolton sure do struggle to put the ball in the net when it matters.

Hit the woodwork twice last night and also this...

Would genuinely love to know what went through the guys head when he decided he should try and chest that in 🤣

40 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Would genuinely love to know what went through the guys head when he decided he should try and chest that in 🤣

Didn't want to put his head in where he might get hurt. And we had Cashin trying to scrum it over the line the other day 😄

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Everybody moans on X don't they?

True but they have been saying he needs to go, shows that there is nothing unusual about our fanbase. You always get that wide spectrum of views.

Watched the second half on Bolton TV - I have a friend who subscribes 😀 - tbh it was a bit like the Alamo at times, amazing how much pressure Bolton had but, besides the much shared chest in - didn't really create much in the way of chances. The commentator was getting a little bit tetchy with it all, diddums!

8 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

True but they have been saying he needs to go, shows that there is nothing unusual about our fanbase. You always get that wide spectrum of views.

That’s what I’ve been preaching for a long time and I rather suspected that we wouldn’t have to look too far to find possibly a noisy minority wanting the manager out regardless.

13 hours ago, Matchday Fred said:

Agent Evatt your work is done. We go flat out for the win on Saturday with NML, Collins and Barks at the top, a combination that has worked best on average throughout the season.  I don’t like 3 at the back but it may actually suit our full backs better allowing them to get forward, and Bradley has turned into a goal machine from set pieces. 

We get the win and then can enjoy the Carlisle game without the sphincter twitching like a rabbits nose.

Plus we can cheer Simmo and not have to resort to giving him a stuffed brown envelope

19 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Watched the second half on Bolton TV - I have a friend who subscribes 😀 - tbh it was a bit like the Alamo at times, amazing how much pressure Bolton had but, besides the much shared chest in - didn't really create much in the way of chances. The commentator was getting a little bit tetchy with it all, diddums!

Credit to Bolton though- when they were behind (and despite being without their midfield talisman) they kept playing their football. A lesson our guys need to take into Saturday - and to not panic and rush things like they did at Wycombe .

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

That’s what I’ve been preaching for a long time and I rather suspected that we wouldn’t have to look too far to find possibly a noisy minority wanting the manager out regardless.

Very true, I caught the end of the Ross County v Rangers game at the weekend. At the end of the match there were close up shots of the Rangers fans hurling abuse at their players, you didn't need to be an expert lip reader to make out what was being said.

7 hours ago, Crewton said:

True, but he failed to get them up last season and has had a few seasons now to build his own squad.

They'd still be daft to sack him though.

Ian Evatt Bolton manager since July 2020

Played 221, Won 112, Drawn 50, Lost 59

If he doesn't get them up this year do you give him another season?, Is 4 years enough when being able to buy players, PW has a 4 year contract, In year 2 he's got 1 foot in the door and can see that the Championship light is on while working under an embargo.

If you look at Bolton's last 2 games, they have had the better of possession, shots and shots on target. V Pompey 58%, 19 shots v 5, 6 on target v 1. V Shrewsbury 70%, 25 shots v 8, 13 on target v 3. That's 3 goals from 44 shots of which 19 were on target. Great inefficiency on the vinegar stroke...

Is that their great weakness?