It’s that time of year again!

3 hours ago, Malty said:

Is it me or does it always seem to be a defender. This season why not NML. For me he was the surprise package and he’s been so effective with assists and a few goals. Plus a crowd favourite and a regular. 

My vote is for Mendez.

McGoldrick is the current holder…….though your general point is right that you then have to go back to Vydra and then Rob Hulse and Steve Howard. We have given the award to a lot of defenders over the years, liberally sprinkled with midfielders. Perhaps we just like good defenders in our club - Roy Mac was the first recipient and Dave and Toddy came soon after - but John O’Hare got it the second time so I’m not sure what that tells you 🤣

As Cashin is still regarded as a young player, he will wun that at a canter, so I've gone Nelson for POTS as he's been good all year long 

If Collins, Forsyth and NML hadn't got injured or run into the ground they'd have been in the running too.

Then there's Adams. If he'd been here all season, playing like this, he'd have won comfortably 

2019:2020 POTY was Matthew Clarke!!??

I can’t remember him or even that happening. That’s really blindsided me. All the others: Shinnie, Vydra, Hughes, Keogh etc I remember why and how they were the voted for a good season  - but can’t even remember him as a derby player. Weird.

im going for Nelson. Solid as several rocks. Not a foot wrong all season 

47 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

I can’t remember him or even that happening. That’s really blindsided me.

What's worse is that we have him on loan for 2 successive seasons!

Granted they were pretty forgettable for the most part and one of the seasons was behind closed doors due to covid, but still he was here for TWO YEARS 😂

11 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Nml is too hit and miss. He had a great season statistically but loses the ball alot first touch 75% is awful. nelson has been great all season! So consistent and over looked. Cash 100% young player

Who has Nelson been overlooked by?  Mentioned in virtually every post on here, mainly stated he'd received the voters vote!
Certainly not been overlooked by Warne, looking at the appearance stats.

🤷‍♂️

55 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

I can’t remember him or even that happening. That’s really blindsided me. All the others: Shinnie, Vydra, Hughes, Keogh etc I remember why and how they were the voted for a good season  - but can’t even remember him as a derby player. Weird.

im going for Nelson. Solid as several rocks. Not a foot wrong all season 

Curtis' mate... Matt... Only his mum calls him Matthew... 

INSERT%20-%20Clarke%20Charlton-2.jpg

I don’t like the fact it automatically defaults to Wildsmith first on the drop down. If you accidentally go vote before realising it was a drop down menu then Wildsmith will get a larger proportion of votes than expected.

Would also be nice if there was a link to the YPOF after you’ve done the senior one.

Just looks like a Work Placement Kid has set these screens up.

12 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Nml is too hit and miss. He had a great season statistically but loses the ball alot first touch 75% is awful. nelson has been great all season! So consistent and over looked. Cash 100% young player

One day, maybe not in my life time, people may realise that wingers, and creative players in general, outside the premier league are wildly inconsistent. They’re asked to try things, scoring and assisting is difficult. They’ll mess up a lot, they’ll give it away a lot. It’s even more difficult when you’re often the only creative outlet in the entire team as NML has been. 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I don’t like the fact it automatically defaults to Wildsmith first on the drop down. If you accidentally go vote before realising it was a drop down menu then Wildsmith will get a larger proportion of votes than expected.

Would also be nice if there was a link to the YPOF after you’ve done the senior one.

Just looks like a Work Placement Kid has set these screens up.

#WorkPlacementKidOut 👀

10 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Who has Nelson been overlooked by?  Mentioned in virtually every post on here, mainly stated he'd received the voters vote!
Certainly not been overlooked by Warne, looking at the appearance stats.

🤷‍♂️

Not so over looked just consistently good where players like that do get over looked thats what i mean it just expected. I didnt say he was over looked just pointing out the obvious

8 hours ago, Srg said:

One day, maybe not in my life time, people may realise that wingers, and creative players in general, outside the premier league are wildly inconsistent. They’re asked to try things, scoring and assisting is difficult. They’ll mess up a lot, they’ll give it away a lot. It’s even more difficult when you’re often the only creative outlet in the entire team as NML has been. 

When you play through a player as much as warne has in nml then your going to get goals and assists im not saying hes been bad but theres been more consistent players the nml in the season as in nelson. Also if your in the prem or sunday league 2 you should have a better touch then he has first touch 8/10 is awful 

I was going to vote Nelson, but considering his impact and how important goals are in football then I opted for NML. When he was in full flow he was brilliant, although I think the downturn in his output recently will cost him. 

Cashin will win young player with likely 90% plus of the vote. 

Nelson, Cashin or NML are worthy winners.

• 2 weeks later...