Match Thread: vs Portsmouth (a)

3 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

GF has decided to go for a run. 'I can't bloody think with you screaming at the telly every 5 seconds' she says, before theatrically flouncing towards the door.

'Will you be gone long dear?' I respond. 

I split with mine two hours before KO. Not suggesting you follow suit but it is The Mighty Rams you’re watching 

6 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

Didn’t think cider was supposed to have bits in it 😬 Btw my dad would find this funny. He was said he was tempted to sprinkle a bit of B4 in the sugar bowl in Pride Park’s away changing room last week 😂

When I die, I want to be spread at the City Ground.

While I'm still burning.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Sibley and Wildsmith in particular a bit shaky first half. Which way is the rain blowing? Perhaps may be a factor so the second half will be in our favour.

We're finding a lot of space behind their left back on the counters, so Wilson, Ward and Mendez-Laing will continue to have a lot of joy. Rafferty is also struggling to deal with Blackett-Taylor when he's running at him.

Expect Blackett-Taylor, Collins, Smith and Ward to be withdrawn for Thompson, Waghorn, Collins and Fornah between the 70th and 80th minutes

Sibley doesn't get the support that Wilson gets cos Blackett Taylor aint too hot defensively

11 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

A good game and a positive performance by the Rams, only The 2nd half left 🐏🐏🐏

I’d like to say at this juncture that “only” seems a tad inappropriate 🤪

Can we please, please, please not do our usual and return from halftime in a orange slice induced coma? Their confidence is well and truly dented and we must keep a boot on their throat. They're a very good side, that's easy to see, but we're creating chances and taking them too and I'd love not to end up crying myself to sleep in the spare room tonight.

3 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Over the Easter fixtures were starting to see why we brought CBT in. Completely nothing to do with football, but is it just me or does shirt look a bit too big for him

I think they’re dropped the numbers to fit his name in (seriously) May be how it looks? 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Sibley and Wildsmith in particular a bit shaky first half. Which way is the rain blowing? Perhaps may be a factor so the second half will be in our favour.

We're finding a lot of space behind their left back on the counters, so Wilson, Ward and Mendez-Laing will continue to have a lot of joy. Rafferty is also struggling to deal with Blackett-Taylor when he's running at him.

Expect Blackett-Taylor, Collins, Smith and Ward to be withdrawn for Thompson, Waghorn, Collins and Fornah between the 70th and 80th minutes

Collins replacing himself! Crikey. We'd have seen everything then 😀😀😀

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I split with mine two hours before KO. Not suggesting you follow suit but it is The Mighty Rams you’re watching 

This has nothing to do with my earlier quote regarding Joe Ward 

2 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I know the feeling.  I love away days on TV as much as home days at the ground.

Without tempting fate, this could be one of the great away results for many-a-year.  

Keep it going!

Don’t jinx it!!! Being the pessimist I am, I’m expecting a 3-2 Portsmouth win. 

Just now, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Don’t jinx it!!! Being the pessimist I am, I’m expecting a 3-2 Portsmouth win. 

Me, too.

But think positive thoughts, as my therapist insists I do 🙂