Athletic article on Chris Kirchner

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Everyone seems to be losing sight of why Kirchener and Quantuma were ever involved with our club at all 

I don't think they are. Morris wasn't involved with luring Kirchner in (AFAIAA) but was obviously the one who called Quantuma in, and the tricksy way he set up his network of companies created many problems and possibly made it easier for someone like Kirchner to bid, but Kirchner's fraud was all his own work.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Everyone seems to be losing sight of why Kirchener and Quantuma were ever involved with our club at all 

Kind of what I'm alluding to here

Our previous owner had a total rats nest of intertwined companies on the Companies House website, a charity which he donated something like £9 million to when it was spun up, and it still has that much in it's 2023 accounts (but doesn't appear to have a public-facing website?). He was and probably is into all sorts of various ventures and investments (remember the Stadium Roofs business?)

Absolutely 100% not implying that he was dodgy or any of the money was dirty - I'm just saying that multi-millionaire businessmen operate in another world to us ordinary folk, and a lot of the time it's all smoke and mirrors. Speculate to accumulate and all that.

We sang his name, not knowing that he wasn't quite as rich as we thought he was and was always only a few unlucky decisions away from pulling the plug

Outside of Derby County, you can bet your life that there are football club owners just as bent as Chris Kirchner was - they have just been better/luckier when it comes to concealing it

10 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Never forget what? He ripped off Rooney and Stretford too. Suggesting Rooney was complicit is actionable and not very a sensible thing to be sticking in the public domain in any case.

Ok pal, if you say so. 

25 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I’d agree with @Comrade 86  

Are you inferring otherwise?  🤷‍♂️

I’m inferring Rooney and crew were big fans of Kirchner and his bid, then disappeared immediately when it didn’t happen. 

If you and/or others want to remain big Rooney fans then crack on. I won’t. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

I’m inferring Rooney and crew were big fans of Kirchner and his bid, then disappeared immediately when it didn’t happen. 

I quoted you...but could have@Mucker1884 ...

Neither of you 'inferred' anything in your post.  

You may possibly have 'implied' it. 

Only the reader 'infers' anything and that's not actionable.

Please cease and desist this poor grammar.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Clowes would probably have ditched him and Rosenior anyway. 😄

21 hours ago, Mihangel said:

Thing is, even if you're applying for a small mortgage, a lender would require statements that show income and outgoings over 3 months. If a bank statement was used as proof of funds, Quantuma are negligent.

I get your point but I guess when you have so much money it doesn’t necessarily have to show continuous money coming in like you do on a mortgage. I think the equivalent here of buying a house is probably saying to the estate agent yeah I’ll buy it and I’m a cash buyer…all they’d probably ask for is proof of funds and maybe a AML check.

The bit that baffles me is him getting the funding for Slync through Goldman Sachs…I’d imagine they would require really in depth financial company information to provide that level of funding. You’d think somebody there has lost their job since! 

5 hours ago, Srg said:

I took your "Got in bed with" to suggest Rooney and co were in cahoots with Kirschner and his naughty antics.
I now see that you meant they were big fans of him/his bid... so happy to apologise for my part in the misunderstanding... whilst adding my opinion that the vast majority of Derby fans also appeared to be big fans of Kirschner and his bid at the time.

Nowhere have I hinted at being a big fan of Rooney, so maybe there's some misunderstanding on your part too?  🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I quoted you...but could have@Mucker1884 ...

Neither of you 'inferred' anything in your post.  

You may possibly have 'implied' it. 

Only the reader 'infers' anything and that's not actionable.

Please cease and desist this poor grammar.

What the hell are you incinerating?  🤓

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

From my extensive viewing of Law and Order, I'd hope to see him in Rikers Island or Sing Sing. 

The Memsahib's currently binge-watching Law and Order - Special Victims Unit.

Bloody depressing - but on the plus side, for 4 hours a day I get the decent laptop.

10 hours ago, GboroRam said:

From my extensive viewing of Law and Order, I'd hope to see him in Rikers Island or Sing Sing. 

Some fine establishments here...all right on his doorstep 😊

https://www.bing.com/search?q=prisons+near+dallas+fortworth&cvid=45d4acd6446740569f68ce071d6ce16d&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIGCAEQABhAMgYIAhAAGEAyBggDEAAYQDIGCAQQABhAMgYIBRAAGEAyBggGEAAYQDIGCAcQABhAMgYICBAAGEDSAQkxMTk3MWowajSoAgiwAgE&FORM=ANAB01&PC=ASTS

5 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Just shows how greed befuddles the mind. 

He was on borrowed time yet cheerfully buying whatever he wanted and yet was still able to convince huge companies to throw good money after bad.

I'm just glad he was flogging PPE too.

On 12/07/2024 at 12:55, RadioactiveWaste said:

Have they given him "rich people prison" or "American barbaric prison"?

Federal Prison......so its cushy jail unfortunately