Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

Haven’t we been playing 343 with Barkhuizen? 

Just think CBT would’ve slotted in nicely to replace him. Instead he’s being held back. 

Good if we’re still level come 70 minutes but a bit safe for my liking.

Sort of. Barkhuizen has been coming quite deep. I think Thompson will be doing similar things, just probably without quite the same forward instincts. 

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

As @sagehas succinctly suggested.. because he's been pretty useless when he's played.

Off the pace and slow to track back.. Warne isn't going to allow luxury players at the best of times, never mind ones who are lazy to boot.

I’d argue he’s not even been given a proper chance yet. 

If the argument is he doesn’t track back, I question why we even bought him in the first place and what’s the point of putting him on the bench?

This line up doesn’t shout goals - and goals win games. At least with CBT and NML you in essence give them a free pass to create.

Now our attacking centre mids appears to be Thompson. Jesus.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

If the argument is he doesn’t track back, I question why we even bought him in the first place and what’s the point of putting him on the bench?

This line up doesn’t shout goals - and goals win games. At least with CBT and NML you in essence give them a free pass to create.

I think it's a solid team.

Northampton like to play football,  let's earn the right, be strong early on and squeeze the life out of them. We don't want to concede and put pressure on ourselves. 

Think we will outwork them and then make changes if needs be.  Plenty of width if we play with just 3 staying back.

Let's not panic yet.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I'd hope hourihane is the attacking one, great finisher. But yes, he claimed CBT could come straight in and have an impact.  So it's odd. Charlton fans said he didn't track back so we surely saw this.

1 minute ago, Andrew3000 said:

I'd hope hourihane is the attacking one, great finisher. But yes, he claimed CBT could come straight in and have an impact.  So it's odd. Charlton fans said he didn't track back so we surely saw this.

Be shocked if he was. Hourihane can’t press and neither can Waghorn. Warne likes to press from the front. 

We all know how important this game is. For confidence and belief that we’re going to do it. Fans, players management…. all in it together. It’s just about the points today, nothing else. Fingers crossed everyone, enjoy the ride as much as it is possible to do 😂

17 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I think it's a solid team.

Northampton like to play football,  let's earn the right, be strong early on and squeeze the life out of them. We don't want to concede and put pressure on ourselves. 

Think we will outwork them and then make changes if needs be.  Plenty of width if we play with just 3 staying back.

Let's not panic yet.

I’d ask who is second and who is 14th?

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I’d ask who is second and who is 14th?

The team Warne has managed this year  - so I'd ask you who knows most what they are talking about. 

Our away record is unbelievable,  we barely concede a goal either. 

Everyone wants to go all out attack and thrash teams,  that hasn't been his way and its worked away from home especially. 

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

The team Warne has managed this year  - so I'd ask you who knows most what they are talking about. 

Our away record is unbelievable,  we barely concede a goal either. 

Everyone wants to go all out attack and thrash teams,  that hasn't been his way and its worked away from home especially. 

Stop talking sense lol

CBT hasnt really been given a chance yet & appeared to be short of fitness when joining us. Dont why he is being written off already by some.

I understand people questioning why he isnt starting but maybe Warne & staff have done their homework & think a 352/3412 is more suitable today. Also, if CBT had started we would have had only Washington as an attacking option from the bench whereas now we have 2 options to change the game & freshen it up. Its a squad game, there is a reason we are top (i think) for the number of goals scored by subs.

Edited by DCFC1388

52 minutes ago, Srg said:

2 of them are 34 and 35 respectively. What do you actually expect?

Maybe, but Rotherham had a similar flow of injuries when our boss was there, with many happening during training/in between matches. So it is a good question.

38 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I know He’s due to come back soon, but not today!