All the things my head stops me from saying

sage

"I really don't like your tattoos"

"I have you ever considered riding that mountain bike on an actual f****** mountain instead of a narrow footpath?"

"If you want someone else to entertain your child on this plane while you edit your Instagram page, hire a Clown"

19 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I have to show incredible restraint when someone scans a three page menu before exclaiming ‘there’s nothing on here that I like’.

I take ages to scan the menu then I cannot make my mind up, panic because everyone is getting fed up and ask for a mixed grill. 
Then everyone says why did I not ask for that in the 1st place because that all I ever order. 😀

That little man in my head often nods off and like most semi-senile reactionaries I say things I shouldn’t. I bark “So slow!” at old fools and other time wasters in shop queues. “What does he/she look like?” can sometimes be heard by people who pass me in the street. These people include women with green or blue hair, fat people with tattoos and men in skinny trousers or shorts. In my book shorts should only be worn by children and women who are not addicted to unhealthy foods. 

11 hours ago, sage said:

People who on long flights put there seat into full recline straight away.

It's common decency and an unwritten rule that you wait till after the meal.

Made the k***head in front of me put it straight again. I used to let things go but I blame Warne for my irritability 

I think it's wrong to recline any more than a tiny bit at any point during the flight tbh. Does my head in, especially when you're trying to watch a film.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think it's wrong to recline any more than a tiny bit at any point during the flight tbh. Does my head in, especially when you're trying to watch a film.

Put the overhead air vent on full and push it forward. Open newspaper and keep letting the corner of a page just touch the persons head. Guarantee they will move their seat forward within five minutes. Tried and tested and will help pass the time for you.

“Why are you tying flowers to a memorial bench it’s for sitting on and remembering it’s not a grave stone” Followed closely by “and are you going to return in a weeks time and remove them before they die…. I thought not”

Also “if you’re going to ride your bike on the pavement get a f***ing bell”

11 hours ago, Sufferingfool said:

Also “if you’re going to ride your bike on the pavement get a f***ing bell”

This old boy had a bell, I was walking on the pavement had earphones in and he was shouting EXCUSE ME!!, I Looked round and apologised, He said thanks and carried on, Then I thought WTF...why did I apologise he's riding on the fcuking pavement FFS! 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Ram-Alf

In keeping in the same vein as recent posts... and very much relevant for home match days... Far more so than any other day of the week...

As both a matchday cyclist and pedestrian (Weather and mood dependent)...

The ROAD between Costco and the A52 is one way (City bound), and is for buses, cars, and silent bikes only.  When heading for the ground, could pedestrians with their thoughts elsewhere please look left before crossing into Costco... and look right when leaving Costco property on the way home.
I keep TWO bells going constantly when bombing down there at 12mph after a game.  Not all cyclists are so thoughtful and considerate!

The PATH immediately adjacent to that same bit of road is shared... pedestrians one side of a solid white line, cyclists the other side.
Cyclists can (but it's not compulsory!) use the road heading towards town, but not heading to the match.  They must use the cycling half of the shared path, so if you MUST amble on foot along the cycling side of the line, at least keep your wits about you, keep checking over your shoulders, and give the cyclists back their side when needed, yeah.

Now... the biggy... that new stretch of wide and beautifully smooth tarmac between the old cattle market road and the A52... from the car wash by Pentagon Island to the back gates of Costco...  is a cycle path.  Not shared... a cycle path!  
The footpath is the other side of the street, where Jaguar/Merc/Auction house side. 

Be aware.  Be safe.

*This post was brought to you by an ageing old guy with nowt else better to lecture about.
* No retractable dog leads were damaged in the production of this post.  In fact, I did very well not to even mention the &*$£!^ing things!  

"You don't seriously believe that cobblers do you? Grow up mate."

To people with religious symbols or religiously mandated clothing.

"You look a proper t*****"

To blokes wearing the classic chinos and blue shirt combo with a pullover over their shoulders. Probably aviators on.

On 29/02/2024 at 16:54, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This is why Elizabeth can only bear to fly 1st class now.........

(She's told me to say "that's only on flights over 2 hours you k***head")

😉

On 28/02/2024 at 16:19, Anag Ram said:

I have to show incredible restraint when someone scans a three page menu before exclaiming ‘there’s nothing on here that I like’.

Are you having an affair with my wife?

‘Being thick is not something to boast about’ 

‘why do you want an ADHD assessment at 50 years old, so you can understand yourself?’  Grow up! 
‘a ‘cheeky’ bottle of alcohol isn’t big or clever. If you need wine as soon as you get home, or can’t sit on a plane without alcohol you have a problem you need sorting’