v Charlton Athletic (H) Match Day Thread

Kernow

1 minute ago, Sidd10 said:

From 60 minutes on it looked like we had 9 men with zero shape.

Correction: 10 minutes on.

Charlton the better team after the opening exchanges.

Wildsmith - mad, mad bamford.

Warne - out of his depth. Nice man, bobble hat, yeah, yeah, yeah. This is a good squad for League One - we should perform better, play better, get better results.

Second - for now. We should be strolling.

6 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Kane wilson can’t be used as a winger, he’s got great feet and agility but he simply hasn’t got the killer instinct in the final third.

Adams and Wildsmith individual mistakes from two players who have been good for Derby nearly every time they play for Derby. On the weekend we have to play 4-3-3 and hope Elder is back to play left back or id even put Sibley back there. We need to go back to having attack minded players all over the pitch. 

I’d even be tempted to go 4-4-2/4-2-4. Play Waghorn and Gayle up top and just go after it 

Absolute Dross 

Cashin played well enough 

Madness from Wildsmith and beyond poor from Wilson on the back pass and Bradley was allowed by Charlton to have the ball because they knew he would lose it and so easily outpaced 

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The only way it’s gonna change now is if those who feel so strongly opposed to Warne stage some sort of protest, but they won’t, so there has to be an element of accepting that he’s the manager.

By all means we can discuss his performance but for anyone thinking he’s going anywhere in the short term I suspect you’ll be disappointed. 

It would be pointless to get shot of him now even if the owner was thinking of going down that road, which he isn't. The problem is if we are still in League One and Warne is still in charge at the end of the season I can see the club hemorrhaging ST holders and the attendances collapsing. Personally I'm not going to renew for £537 to watch more of this next season. 

Edited by Jayram

5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Undone by two individual errors tonight.

Wildsmiths just plan stupid foul and a badly misplaced pass from Adams.

Missing Collins up front.

Onto the next one.

Undone by Warne talking pre-match that we are much the same as any team in the league, picking a ultra-defensive side to start in a home game against a long time winless outfit, and then (it seems) allowing Charlton to come at us second half because we can’t hold the ball for more than 3 passes. His game management skills are non existent.

We constantly alter our game to suit other sides , numerous times during games - instead of bossing games and saying this is our home we attack

But no play crappy 5 at the back defensive tosh , don’t utilise Mendez , Blackett Taylor , we ruin skill 

7 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

We all new what was coming,but not to worry we lost to one of the best teams in the league.dont worry,the bobblehat knows what he is doing,nobody else  knows what he is doing,but in Warne we trust

Obviously you never KNEW what was coming

4 minutes ago, thischarmingram said:

Results starting to catch up with the performances now, another limp display devoid of any plan it would seem. 

Absolutely right.  Thought we were a bit better first half but these results have been coming for a while now as we have barely created anything from open play for weeks and it was inevitable that we couldn't keep winning games of fine margins.  NML has been over-used for the 2nd season running and if he doesn't do it we look completely devoid of ideas.

Wilson has no end product and if Ward can't even make the bench tonight I don't know why we bought him.  

Where's the Warne Out thread gone? I'm sick of it all... Sick of the dross he's got us playing week in, week out... Sick of his jokey persona and definitely sick at the thought of us being stuck in this s**t league for another 12 months!

Even when we're winning, more often than not, we're not playing well. 

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

Oh believe it mate, absolutely devoid of ideas and confidence. And for me the fault lies with the manager. It’s unacceptable with this squad of players 

If the squad of players is that good then they should be able play better than that.

I'm not defending PW, he has to take a  very large chunk of the blame for our form all season but, once again, the players have to take their share of the blame. Only Cashin can really hold his head high tonight.

5 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Only a fool would sack PW now, DC is no fool so unless PW walks he's here until the seasons end, Charlton not won for 20+ games, Nathan Jones has had an effect, Not the same effect PW has had on us, It's not a good look losing to Charlton, The manager takes the plaudits when we went on a good run...now he's in the firing line...and rightly so.

This division is shyte we all know that, I look at Sonny Bradley and see that PW is determined to find a place for him, We're more suited to a back 4, So that would leave Bradley out of the team, PW has to hold his hand up again and say "I got it wrong again" but he wont.

I don't see automatics now, Chelsea were slated by Gary Neville as "billion pound bottle jobs" you have to have the bottle to lose it, I never thought we had it in the 1st place...excluding Adams.

Some very angry posters on here tonight...and I understand why 👍 

We had a back 4 today. 🙄