When life gives you lemons

YouRams

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Ok . It’s not my problem it’s Warnes and the clubs if Collins is out long term .

I am just disappointed ☹️ 

Hope Warne can get us promoted but I won’t get over Bird going easily. 

Bird made it clear he wanted to leave, his contract expired at the end of the season the best we could do was sell him and get him on loan for the rest of the season. Since he signed for Bristol City his form for us as improved and he seems to be playing with more freedom, whether this was because his future is sorted or because Adams as come in and does all the ugly stuff I’m not sure probably a bit of both 

15 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Sometimes, I wonder why I bother on here.

The pig-ignorant, self-entitled, frankly stupid guff that gets smashed out by some folks is beyond a joke.

Really? I find that kind of stuff rather amusing.

14 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Yes, we had all of January to sign a striker and no doubt we tried for the entire month to secure a deal.

But it is not straightforward. Clearly we want players who will add something to the squad and we want someone who will improve us in some way. It’s not a case of taking absolutely anyone.

Better players are usually more difficult to sign, and clubs and even players will use whatever tactic they can to get the best deal and move possible. Moves you think are close often break down because of this.

If Collins is out for any length of time, it’s just really unfortunate.

Didn't we spend most of January chasing CBT?

It's a thorough process that Warne puts prospective signings through.......not easy to reach the required standard of "good-eggness"

Only of course to discover our marque signing doesn't do defence, was looking un (or dis) interested before being hooked on Tuesday and might be injured now.

Time well spent....

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Didn't we spend most of January chasing CBT?

It's a thorough process that Warne puts prospective signings through.......not easy to reach the required standard of "good-eggness"

Only of course to discover our marque signing doesn't do defence, was looking un (or dis) interested before being hooked on Tuesday and might be injured now.

Time well spent....

CBT was apparently a target last summer but we didn’t have room in the budget to complete the deal without selling someone first.

He has played the equivalent of 1.5 games so far, it’s way too soon to judge.

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

CBT was apparently a target last summer but we didn’t have room in the budget to complete the deal without selling someone first.

He has played the equivalent of 1.5 games so far, it’s way too soon to judge.

It is too early to judge but if it were me I'd be busting a gut to impress..... On that basis I'm more than slightly worried with the two brief appearances we've seen. 

29 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It is too early to judge but if it were me I'd be busting a gut to impress..... On that basis I'm more than slightly worried with the two brief appearances we've seen. 

Question is, is he injured and is that stopping him busting a gut?

Nobody seems to know what the truth is, we get mixed messages from the management in both words and action.

2 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Question is, is he injured and is that stopping him busting a gut?

Nobody seems to know what the truth is, we get mixed messages from the management in both words and action.

If injury was holding him back MCN I don't think he should have been on the pitch. He has been very lacklustre to say the least. I also thought he looks like a rabbit caught in the lights. Perhaps struggling with the expectation at DCFC. 

16 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I am not worried personally. 

I don’t think we have yet seen anywhere close to what CBT can do and can bring to the table. If he is perhaps not fit and perhaps not totally adjusted, he will likely play within himself as many others would.

The biggest thing I saw on Tuesday and v Reading is it being a case of CBT and the rest of the team having to build up an understanding of how they can help one another.

Look at goals two and three on Tuesday. NML was on to Bird’s pass in a flash because they have a good understanding. Similarly Barkhuizen knew exactly where to be to support NML on the breakaway for the third goal. They have been teammates for almost two years, not four weeks.

I think there was one brief moment on Tuesday where CBT and the team looked on the same wavelength. NML as I recall tried to send him clear into space but didn’t get enough purchase on the pass and it was cut out. If we get CBT in those positions more often, we’ll see his threat.

Everyone is raving about Adams and rightly so, but equally he’s only had three games and I feel it is much easier to impact the game as an all-action midfielder in a counter-attacking side that do a lot of defending and spend a lot of time out of possession than a winger who relies on receiving the ball in areas where he can affect the game.

For much of that first half, CBT didn’t receive the ball and when he did, it was in areas where he was crowded out.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

I am not worried personally. 

I don’t think we have yet seen anywhere close to what CBT can do and can bring to the table. If he is perhaps not fit and perhaps not totally adjusted, he will likely play within himself as many others would.

The biggest thing I saw on Tuesday and v Reading is it being a case of CBT and the rest of the team having to build up an understanding of how they can help one another.

Look at goals two and three on Tuesday. NML was on to Bird’s pass in a flash because they have a good understanding. Similarly Barkhuizen knew exactly where to be to support NML on the breakaway for the third goal. They have been teammates for almost two years, not four weeks.

I think there was one brief moment on Tuesday where CBT and the team looked on the same wavelength. NML as I recall tried to send him clear into space but didn’t get enough purchase on the pass and it was cut out. If we get CBT in those positions more often, we’ll see his threat.

Everyone is raving about Adams and rightly so, but equally he’s only had three games and I feel it is much easier to impact the game as an all-action midfielder in a counter-attacking side that do a lot of defending and spend a lot of time out of possession than a winger who relies on receiving the ball in areas where he can affect the game.

For much of that first half, CBT didn’t receive the ball and when he did, it was in areas where he was crowded out.

In fairness he has hardly received a pass in the games he has played so far. No doubt at Charlton he was used to seeing plenty of the ball. We need to use him as much as we pass the ball to NML.

Personally,I'll be quite happy with barks at CF for a few games...it's his preferred role and he seems to be coming into form now he's had a few games....

After that,we should have waggy and wash back too and to be honest,I'd prefer waggy over Collins anyway (he doesn't run around as much but that's an attribute not a negative)