When life gives you lemons

YouRams

The gypsy curse returns? How is Warne making lemonade? All speculation about Collins being out, not sure if OB was on a wind up but said could be the season could be 24hrs. 

NML proved again he's a nightmare through the middle, do we switch our play come away from a crossing game 433 with him at centre. We have CBT Barks Wilson and possibly Ward you could play on the wings. I believe you run at defenders in this league you'll cause way more problems than putting crosses in.

Do we look at getting Gayle on a free? What's your play if you're Warne?

15 minutes ago, YouRams said:

The gypsy curse returns? How is Warne making lemonade? All speculation about Collins being out, not sure if OB was on a wind up but said could be the season could be 24hrs. 

NML proved again he's a nightmare through the middle, do we switch our play come away from a crossing game 433 with him at centre. We have CBT Barks Wilson and possibly Ward you could play on the wings. I believe you run at defenders in this league you'll cause way more problems than putting crosses in.

We can recall Dajaune Brown on the 20th from his loan at Gateshead. I don't think we will, even if Collo is out for the season. DB is 18 and (and I might be wrong) PW seems loathe to put young uns in just in case he ruins their confidence. Just as much chance they do well  and grow in confidence. Things not going your way is a path to growth in everything you do. Football is no different. Give the kids a chance. Impress upon them that things not going our way isn't going to end their careers before they've even started. Put them on in their proper position and tell them to do exactly what has got them this far. If it doesn't work today, it will tomorrow...... not giving them a chance might actually be worse for them than being on the wrong end of a scoreline.

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Wasn't Warne a striker? Maybe this is his time to finally play for a big club.

If Collo is out for Saturday, and considering CBT, Elder, and Hourihane are apparently doubts too, there's only 2 XIs I can think of fielding:

Wildsmith

Nelson     Bradley     Cashin
         Wilson                                                       Sibley
                                        Adams

Bird                    Thompson

Barks     NML

OR

Wildsmith

Nyambe    Nelson      Cashin    Sibley

Adams
                         Bird                  Thompson

Wilson                                   Barks
                                      NML

Downside of the first is back 5 at home may seem negative, however a fluid front 2 may suit the personnel better. Bottom is more offensive but requires NML to play the traditional striker role in which he may get isolated by Stevenage's centre halves and we may lose a focal point up-top.

9 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Yep, it was obvious so if he is seriously injured, Warne and co have got what they deserved.

Got what they deserved?

You make it sound like Warne and the team didn’t want a striker and were happy with the outcome?

There’s a difference between what we wanted and what we got and clearly Warne had to suck it up and accept the situation for what it was.