Paul Warne

Day

9 hours ago, i-Ram said:

You know this is a Football Fans forum don’t you ?  I wouldn’t suggest you do dirty yourself but I should imagine if you log on to a Man U, Chelsea or even Southampton Forum you will find as many negative views about their Managers after 3 games as on here about Warne. I am amazed how many get the vapours about negativity when  it is the same at virtually every Club and on every Football Forum. Fickle fans like to vent. Accept it for what it is. 

You're probably correct - i won't dirty myself, i'll take your word for it. 

I do accept it, still like to moan about it occasionally though! Not just on here either,  i moan to my Rams mates for moaning in real life as well!

15 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I do accept it, still like to moan about it occasionally though! Not just on here either,  i moan to my Rams mates for moaning in real life as well!

Live moaning?

Mmmmm.... might catch on....😉

17 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Someone moaning about people moaning about other people moaning is peak DCFCfans 😂 

On 06/09/2024 at 07:56, i-Ram said:

I don't disagree, I am just saying it will always be and never will change. Posters seeking positivity and unity on a football website would be just as well going outside and howling at the moon. Please note @Inverurie Ram

So I need to take notes from someone that doesn’t watch the team these days, that he says he supports, but occasionally watches the highlights then asks others to see how they performed.

I enjoy my own positivity and enjoy the positivity of others within the club and outside of the club, the folk that want to get behind the club, and to try and help it move it forwards, by feeling a part of it, and being able to take a defeat on the chin, without looking for the faults, the mistakes, and feeling by highlighting them or constantly dwelling on them or expecting the future to be full of them by posting them all over social media for everyone that chooses to read them to paint a damaging picture of our wonderful club or for such to outweigh all the positivity, whilst I can rejoice and celebrate a win, and a draw, in whatever way the team has performed in achieving such a positive result.

I love howling at the moon. 🖤

I love Paul Warne. 🖤

I love Derby County Football Club. 🖤

23 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

So I need to take notes from someone that doesn’t watch the team these days, that he says he supports, but occasionally watches the highlights then asks others to see how they performed.

I enjoy my own positivity and enjoy the positivity of others within the club and outside of the club, the folk that want to get behind the club, and to try and help it move it forwards, by feeling a part of it, and being able to take a defeat on the chin, without looking for the faults, the mistakes, and feeling by highlighting them or constantly dwelling on them or expecting the future to be full of them by posting them all over social media for everyone that chooses to read them to paint a damaging picture of our wonderful club or for such to outweigh all the positivity, whilst I can rejoice and celebrate a win, and a draw, in whatever way the team has performed in achieving such a positive result.

I love howling at the moon. 🖤

I love Paul Warne. 🖤

I love Derby County Football Club. 🖤

Happy Laugh GIF by Five Guys A Week

On 05/09/2024 at 19:39, jimtastic56 said:

Getting PP rocking is easy when you are 3-0 up .The Test of a good following is when you are 2-0 down at home . We know some will turn on Warne , but the the majority will have to hold their nerve . 

Exactly. We’ve been incredibly and unprecedentedly successful at home lately… I don’t doubt that there will boos if we’re 3-0 down against Cardiff next home match tho. Negativity from “so called” fans.

Edited by DB83

On 06/09/2024 at 09:05, i-Ram said:

You know this is a Football Fans forum don’t you ?  I wouldn’t suggest you do dirty yourself but I should imagine if you log on to a Man U, Chelsea or even Southampton Forum you will find as many negative views about their Managers after 3 games as on here about Warne. I am amazed how many get the vapours about negativity when  it is the same at virtually every Club and on every Football Forum. Fickle fans like to vent. Accept it for what it is. 

Absolutely correct. But I just don’t understand why ? I don’t even mean the cursing when your team goes a goal down, the in the moment anger and frustration. That’s normal human behaviour. What irks is the hobby horse riders. They get one and seem incapable of getting off it. 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Yes I am thanks.

Try to enjoy life, smile and help others enjoy theirs, it might end quicker than you think.

🖤 Paul Warne 🖤

🖤 Derby County 🖤

Hope your OK @i-Ram

Blimey. I prefer your music videos. You seem to have taken umbrage about my initial post on which Jono has added to above. Not sure why it has descended into a death and/or MS discussion.

RIP Rob and Doddy.

Edited by i-Ram

1 hour ago, jono said:

Absolutely correct. But I just don’t understand why ? I don’t even mean the cursing when your team goes a goal down, the in the moment anger and frustration. That’s normal human behaviour. What irks is the hobby horse riders. They get one and seem incapable of getting off it. 🤷‍♂️

It's a few facets. I think there is a line between healthy and unhealthy frustration when it comes to things over time. You can express flaws with something and be critical without necessarily allowing yourself to get overly emotionally involved. This forum though by it's nature is going to select for people who are more involved with engaging with the club as a hobby and people who feel they need to express something. In many ways this is probably one of the healthier places that someone can vent that frustration. It's more contained than twitter and they are more likely to be directly challenged on their views and it's in that sweetspot of the community is big enough to a diversity of views but small enough that people aren't completely "faceless". It's also not algorithm driven and just presenting content that reaffirms their believes nor deliberately is trying to inflame it.

I do think it's useful for people to remember that this is a hobby, that's not to disparage it in the slightest but it's always worthwhile asking yourself "Do I enjoy this ?" and "Is it worth this level of emotional investment if it's going to lead feeling frustrated". I somewhat deliberately disengaged with the forum last year because of the balance of me enjoying it versus where my head was at and how little time I had didn't come close to adding up.

However the crude truth of the internet is that anger is both extremely addictive and incites engagement. It can get extremely difficult for some people to let something go and it often gets worse over time. Get angry -> people argue against you -> get angrier -> get further entrenched in a mindset. 

I think back too my distant youth and how hard it was to actually have a rant like we do now.

You had a small circle of friends and hopefully a smaller circle of people you actively disliked. Your TV was 1 channel and the news was whatever paper your Dad bought. Your ability to have an argument was limited to time on the bus to school or later maybe in the pub, and the info you had to base your argument was limited as well. There was relatively little inter-generational contact and youngsters were firmly told to mind your place.

So if you had a grouse about something only a handful of people knew about it and it was "contained". If you kept going on and on you were swiftly told to button it. If you didn't you soon were friendless. That pattern followed to adulthood for most people.

Today any kid who can string a few words together and type can have an audience of thousands instantly and inevitably will feel resentment when some of those thousands push back on their views. That's been happening for some time now and those kids are now adults with the same traits. 

Being told you are "Wrong" by other people, particularly anonymous keyboard warriors is bound to lead to huge frustration.

I've been married for 48 years so I know I'm permanently "wrong" and its water off a Ducks back to me now! 

Been watching the Bristol game and we did score some nice goals. Have to say though that the most filthy move of the match was the goal that never was where Kenzo cuts the neck off the final shot. Won't see many if any better buld ups to a (not) goal in this league all season. @1 minute 50 seconds for those wanting to refresh their memories. Thing of beauty 😍

https://ramstv.dcfc.co.uk/videos/3bf383a5-adb0-4238-ba78-4f533ed98d49

Edited by Comrade 86

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Been watching the Bristol game and we did score some nice goals. Have to say though that the most filthy move of the match was the goal that never was where Kenzo cuts the neck off the final shot. Won't see many if any better buld ups to a (not) goal in this league all season. @1 minute 50 seconds for those wanting to refresh their memories. Thing of beauty 😍

https://ramstv.dcfc.co.uk/videos/3bf383a5-adb0-4238-ba78-4f533ed98d49

Two comments I never ever expected to read in the Paul Warne thread:

Won't see many if any better buld ups in this league all season.

Thing of beauty.

Only joking lads; as you were 😛

22 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Blimey. I prefer your music videos. You seem to have taken umbrage about my initial post on which Jono has added to above. Not sure why it has descended into a death and/or MS discussion.

RIP Rob and Doddy.

I haven’t taken any umbrage.

It hasn’t descended into a death or MS discussion.

Just an example of how life can end quicker than some think. 

Yesterday one of my friends died leaving his wife and children behind and he was only my age, which is middle aged.

Life is important and to be cherished and enjoyed and I for one choose not to waste my time I have left trying to pick a pointless little t1t for tatt thing on here, with you or anyone else, when you initially posted me into your little dig at folk being positive about the football club they love, and just because so many other folk at other football clubs are miserable and destructive about the football clubs they support, then that makes it OK and maybe should be encouraged?

Unfortunately for you and many others I don’t feel the need to copy others like sheep and I have a positive mind of my own, even though my body language gives out the demeanour of a miserable middle aged man.

Anyway have a wonderful day.

The sun is out.

A Jacob Zetterstrom from off the coast of Sweden

Headlines give me headaches when I read them
I had an uncle who once played for Red Star Belgrade
He said some things are really best left unspoken
But I prefer it all to be out in the open

Warne’s DCFC  - Strong and warm and wild and free
Warne’s DCFC - Your laws do not apply to me
Warne’s  DCFC - Don't threaten me with misery
Warne’s DCFC - I demand equality

🖤 Love Paul Warne 🖤