Paul Warne

Day

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

45minutes is not opportunity when he has no service. Took his pressure penalty well.

I think a loan out would be better for his progress than staying here.

Yates a starter, Collins a bench warmer, A N Other 🤷‍♂️, Loaning Brown out would seem to be a short sighted approach with a forward line so bare

2 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Yates a starter, Collins a bench warmer, A N Other 🤷‍♂️, Loaning Brown out would seem to be a short sighted approach with a forward line so bare

The other theory is he sits on the bench for the season and stagnate. Warne would even chuck Washington in before him. I’d rather send him on loan and get minutes as even down to the bare bones I don’t see warne playing him 

6 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

He's not going to trust him with meaningful time on the pitch, give him the chance to make mistakes. So better for him to develop elsewhere imo obvs.

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

The other theory is he sits on the bench for the season and stagnate. Warne would even chuck Washington in before him. I’d rather send him on loan and get minutes as even down to the bare bones I don’t see warne playing him 

I can't argue with that, PW seems reluctant to use Brown as a starter maybe he doesn't like prawn cocktails ☺️

4 hours ago, The_Sheriff said:

This is where I appear to be completely on my own. I think it's a lazy narrative the football style is naff.

I enjoy the style. I probably need ghost of clough to work his magic with stats but under cocu and rooney and rosenior to an extent it was too much slow build up sideways passing.  

I haven't done the research so I may be proven wrong here but in my head we score more goals under Warne then the 3 before him. We definitely sorted out the set piece problem where we've gone from being awful at them to good.

Glasses Join Us GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's not going to trust him with meaningful time on the pitch, give him the chance to make mistakes. So better for him to develop elsewhere imo obvs.

There was a manager we had once that said...if he's good enough he's old enough, He wasn't frightened to chuck young talent in...Steve Powell was 16 years old 👍

But in todays world of football it's very different, I hear your post and have to say...i agree 😉 

Brown needs to go on loan to maybe a league two club. He isn’t benefiting the team from what I have seen, and we certainly aren’t Benefitting him. He is still young, and he isn’t ready for this standard yet. When he came on yesterday, I don’t recall him touching the ball once.

2 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

There was a manager we had once that said...if he's good enough he's old enough, He wasn't frightened to chuck young talent in...Steve Powell was 16 years old 👍

But in todays world of football it's very different, I hear your post and have to say...i agree 😉 

He isn’t good enough though

35 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

I knew I needed a tinfoil hat to go against the grain so appreciate you making it a discussion instead of berating my opinion.

Can't argue Warne got to impose his style in a lesser league (obviously) however it's a fact it worked.  

Under other managers it felt like we were passing for passing sake and not scoring goals. Under cocu I'm pretty sure we went on a terrible run of binary code scorelines which I think has scarred me.

What I like about the PW style is I feel like we are always in the game, I think there's explosive break aways available to us and in my head we don't concede loads and we score goals. 

With our squad and our budget I just can't see us playing any other way and having success from it.  I think so far we have looked OK. Blackburn we were on top at 1-1 then collapsed.   

Middlesbrough we did the right thing by not going toe to toe as they would smash us if we did with our squad quality compared to theirs.

Watford we could have got a point on another day so I think the reaction now is just fans who have been waiting to jump on Warne at the first given moment.   

We were on top because we started to use our midfield who were starting to control the play. Then Warne changed the midfield around with his subs and we might as well have rolled a red carpet down the middle of the pitch! Great tactics!

20 minutes ago, RamInSweden said:

Brown needs to go on loan to maybe a league two club. He isn’t benefiting the team from what I have seen, and we certainly aren’t Benefitting him. He is still young, and he isn’t ready for this standard yet. When he came on yesterday, I don’t recall him touching the ball once.

That’s because the ball was either with Barrow, in our defence or scorching the cloud cover. The notion of playing the ball to him didn’t seem to occur to us.

Yes - there's things you can criticise Warne on but I don't personally think picking a player is one of them.

Every signing we've made this summer has looked like a good one. Only Washington, Waghorn and maybe CBT spring to mind as bad ones, and the latter still has time to prove himself. Spriggett I'm choosing to block from my memory like a Vietnam flashback. 

14 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Personally it's a no from me ,  it's either ex Rotherham or someone he knows previously. 

4 more matches and if no improvement he has to go. 

12 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I'll let someone else take this on..

But I don't think it warrants a new thread.

Exactly this has been debated multiple times on the Warne thread. It was bad enough with the recent Warne, Managers and Plan thread that was created the other day.

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Yes - there's things you can criticise Warne on but I don't personally think picking a player is one of them.

Every signing we've made this summer has looked like a good one. Only Washington, Waghorn and maybe CBT spring to mind as bad ones, and the latter still has time to prove himself. Spriggett I'm choosing to block from my memory like a Vietnam flashback. 

Wow anuver PW fred

Confusion at 68 is required, We now have...Would you trust Warne to spend your money ?...Paul Warne managers and plan...How impressive is PW as a coach?... Paul Warne Appreciation Society...and the original...Paul Warne...thread.

Confucius say...too many Paul Warnes confusers the posters 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Personally it's a no from me ,  it's either ex Rotherham or someone he knows previously. 

4 more matches and if no improvement he has to go. 

If you don't trust him to spend the clubs money then why would you wait until after the transfer window has closed to get rid of him as by that time he would have spent the money that you don't trust him with.