Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

1 hour ago, Fraser_23 said:

Just seen a compilation on twitter of Tom Lawrence in that relegation season. Provided that added flair and can play in the wing/CAM role.

Would love to have him back, thought he thrived when he was here in the past few years and loved the club. 

Id imagine he may cost a fee if he still is under contract and i’d imagine his wages are now fairly high.

I'd never trust anyone drunk and driving a car,crashing and running away,leaving an injured team mate in the vehicle.Move on!

What about Luke Mcowan from Dundee for CM 

he seems ideal in our midfield.

as for strikers 

free agents 

Divan Mubama 

Keemar Roofe 

Lucas Jao 

Scott hogan 

Loans  CAM/ CF

ethan Nwaneri - Arsenal 

Charlie patino - Arsenal 

Harvey vale - Chelsea 

Mason Burstow - Chelsea 

will Dickson - Man City 

Owen hesketh - wolves 

Gideon Kudoa- West Ham ( first loan for him possibly - scored 23 in u18) 

1 minute ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

as for strikers 

free agents 

Divan Mubama 

Keemar Roofe 

Lucas Jao 

Scott hogan 

Loans  CAM/ CF

ethan Nwaneri - Arsenal 

Charlie patino - Arsenal 

Harvey vale - Chelsea 

Mason Burstow - Chelsea 

will Dickson - Man City 

Owen hesketh - wolves 

Mubama is the only striker on that list that I would have in a heartbeat. 

Lucas Joao possibly.

Don't really know anything about them CAMS.

Other than Mason Burstow is signing for Hull. I saw that on twitter last night.

The first comment was from a Sunderland fan saying "I am so sorry Hull fans". So obviously did not impress at Sunderland last season.

9 minutes ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

I suggested McCowan a couple of weeks back and still think he'd e a good addition. Linked with Celtic this morning though.

On 03/08/2024 at 22:35, Ghost of Clough said:

Luke McCowan scored 10 and assisted 5 for a newly promoted Dundee side last season. He's on 1 goal and 3 assists in 4 cup games already this season. Played mostly as an 8 in the past couple of seasons but can play as an AM or RW too. A very good all rounder  who can also take freekicks, corners and penalties. He won their Player of the Season award last season. 26 years old so entering his prime years.

Abdelkahar Kadri - 24 year old Algerian CM/AM (played at CB once too). Currently plays for Kortrijk in Belgium. Has a similar play style to Goudmijn, but is more likely to score. Cardiff were linked to him a fee weeks back, so should be affordable.

Himad Abdelli scored 9 and assisted 2 for Angers (French 2nd Div). Another good dribbler and one of the best in the league for progressive passes. Very good defensive contribution and strong in the air too.

Makoto Mitsuta is a 25 year old Japanese AM. Over his career, he's averaged a goal contribution every other game. He's one of the very best at dribbling, shooting and creating chances in the J-League. He has very good technique and good freekicks.

as for strikers 
free agents 
Divan Mubama 
Keemar Roofe 
Lucas Jao 
Scott hogan 

Mubama is the best fit from that list. Hada really good 22/23 U21 season, but didn't get much game time last season at any level. I don't think he's any better than Brown though.

Loans  CAM/ CF
ethan Nwaneri - Arsenal 
Charlie patino - Arsenal - Chelsea 
Mason Burstow - Chelsea 
will Dickson - Man City 
Owen hesketh - wolves 

Patino would be ideal in the AM role. A reasonable first loan at Championship level last season with Swansea (3 goals and 4 assists in 1428 mins), so will need another season at this level. He's a very good alround player, with high creativity and defensive stats, and decent shooting and dribbling.

Vale had a decent season for Bristol City (2 goals and 5 assists) but was playing at LWB. He was also pretty good defensively. Probably ready for the step up, but I would put him behind Beck in my LWB loan wishlist.

Nwaneri would be a very good addition at AM, but he'll either go to a top 6 team or stay with Arsenal and be involved in their first team.

3 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Just seen a compilation on twitter of Tom Lawrence in that relegation season. Provided that added flair and can play in the wing/CAM role.

Would love to have him back, thought he thrived when he was here in the past few years and loved the club. 

Id imagine he may cost a fee if he still is under contract and i’d imagine his wages are now fairly high.

image.png.46a87722a15794f6733abe3e29ac7899.png

Here's our then Captain in Texas enjoying a game of golf with Kirchner just after he his b******* deal went South.

I'd rather shave my balls with a rusty razor wearing a blindfold.

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Moneys no object, richest club outside the premiership top 6. The Bet 365 family are minted and only held back by the rules.

They are not really held back though, they just have to think of ways to get round the rules.

£338 million invested since 2006.

Effectively losing £500,000 to £600,000 per week.

Bet 365 have recently given Stoke back to the Coates family acknowledging that the millions of pounds of debt will never be paid.

Of course bet 365 is owned by Coates family.

And some people on here don’t seem to understand why we can’t compete with them for wages etc.

Edited by Foreveram

Zetterstrom played last night for Djurgarden. They are through to the final qualifiers to make the Conference League group stage. They got their replacement keeper in a few days ago. Will they now allow the deal to go through or will they insist on him staying for the final qualifying round? Those games are the 22nd and 29th of August against Maribor from Slovenia.

It might well be down to whether or not the new keeper is eligible for the qualifiers. 

12 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

They are not really held back though, they just have to think of ways to get round the rules.

Bet 365 have recently given Stoke back to the Coates family acknowledging that the millions of pounds of debt will never be paid.

And some people on here don’t seem to understand why we can’t compete with them for wages etc.

Denise Coates,CEO of bet 365,was paid 1.2 billion pounds in the last 4 years.!

5 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Denise Coates has paid herself £1.2 billion in the last 4 years alone. The average annual salary of her support teams is £18k. Horrible piece of kit.

4 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Denise Coates has paid herself £1.2 billion in the last 4 years alone. The average annual salary of her support teams is £18k. Horrible piece of kit.

At least she pays her taxes, it would be quite easy for her to offshore the money, or just pay capital gains.

Besides, £18k in Stoke is like 400k elsewhere.