Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Ben Gibson has been released from Norwich, he would be the perfect replacement for Bradley in the heart of that back three. A position where you need an experienced player. He’s 31 and has played 35 times this season for playoff finishing Norwich. 

Sam McCallum has also been released from Norwich and is a good two way full back for that left wing back position. He’s also only 23 with over 100 championship games already under his belt. Certainly a player I’d be looking at.

3 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Ben Gibson has been released from Norwich, he would be the perfect replacement for Bradley in the heart of that back three. A position where you need an experienced player. He’s 31 and has played 35 times this season for playoff finishing Norwich. 

Sam McCallum has also been released from Norwich and is a good two way full back for that left wing back position. He’s also only 23 with over 100 championship games already under his belt. Certainly a player I’d be looking at.

He’s Steve Gibson’s nephew… no chance. 

16 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I have a bit of an ITK - for the first time ever. We're apparently signing a 'keeper from Denmark. I don't know any more than that.

I'll leave it to @Ghost of Clough to do better research as to who it could be...

I wonder if it’s Nathan Trott.

English goalkeeper currently with West Ham, who has been on loan this season at a club in Denmark. 

I believe his contract is about to expire with the Hammers. 

22 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

English goalkeeper currently with West Ham, who has been on loan this season at a club in Denmark. 

Using the moneyball methodology, it wouldn’t surprise me. A dive into his time in Denmark has been seriously impressive.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Think they (West Ham) have a 2 year contract option on him. Can see them doing that and taking cash if he’s not in their plans, or they could do right thing by him and let him go.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Nothing would be more typically Derby than to sign an overseas player who is actually a domestic player loaned out overseas…. 😂

Posted (edited)

Two potential midfielder options for us, might be Ethan Erhahon and Paddy McNair.

Although primarily a defender, I think paddy is able to play defensive midfield.

Edited by Oldben
Added content

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

Nathanial Ogbeta (23) LB -free

Sam Mccullum (23) Lb - free

Shandon Baptiste - (26) Box to box midfielder - free

Marek Rodak - (27) GK

4 very good options for us

Rodak guess what....he had two loan spells at Rotherham when Warne was there.

Posted (edited)

Nathan Trott has an extraordinary record in Denmark, it took me a while to find the numbers but I can see why he’s so highly regarded, especially on the back of this season. 

XGOT - expected goal on target. 

He had a XGOT of 51.2 goals and he conceded 35. 75% save percentage. 

The numbers may even be the close to being the best in Europe, I’ve never seen a disparity like that personally. 

Edited by Ambitious

44 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Two potential midfielder options for us, might be Ethan Erhahon and Paddy McNair.

Although primarily a defender, I think paddy is able to play defensive midfield.

Yep, I read that article too OB, 3 options if we don’t get Adams. Don’t know a lot about them to be honest.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Nathan Trott has an extraordinary record in Denmark, it took me a while to find the numbers but I can see why he’s so highly regarded, especially on the back of this season. 

The numbers may even be the close to being the best in Europe, I’ve never seen a disparity like that personally. 

Intriguingly it seems Trott's been on our radar before (tweet from 2020):

Been in the England U20 and U21 squads, as well as playing youth footy for his native Bermuda. Where he was once in a team called the North Village RAMS! All signs pointing to Derby 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Could it be that most of the strikers in Denmark will be b******* .  I've seen a lot of shots on target and a lot aren't very good.  I'd imagine the average striker in Denmarks top division is about League 1 standard. 

33 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Could it be that most of the strikers in Denmark will be b******* .  I've seen a lot of shots on target and a lot aren't very good.  I'd imagine the average striker in Denmarks top division is about League 1 standard. 

Not even that….Scottish Premier maybe😊