Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Due to the proximity of housing around Moor Farm and I’m wondering if Big Trav lives in one of those and is a voyeur with binoculars and telescope. 
If I lived there I’d be peeping out from the curtains at every opportunity and then producing a daily report and publishing it on here. 

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

Due to the proximity of housing around Moor Farm and I’m wondering if Big Trav lives in one of those and is a voyeur with binoculars and telescope. 
If I lived there I’d be peeping out from the curtains at every opportunity and then producing a daily report and publishing it on here. 

Binoculars, you say? 

Big Trav
Bie Tra
Biel Tr
Biels T
Bielsa 

29 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Wonder if he rented it out to Leeds and they used the back garden for spy gate 

1 hour ago, MarsdenRam said:

Arter is free.

3 and a half years since he's played, with a promotion bonus, increase in wage on promotion and a one year extension trigger.  Makes Anya look like a steal. 

Are we still paying for Nick Blackman to take his mates on a bus tour round Europe though on 22 k a week, or have we knocked that one on the head. 

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

As others have said Daniel Iverson is a target, believe it’s similar to CBT deal of a loan to a free

Ahh..the ex Rotherham loanee...surprise

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

As others have said Daniel Iverson is a target, believe it’s similar to CBT deal of a loan to a free

I wonder why we’d do that now? It made sense with CBT because of the allocated transfer pot vs loan pot with the restrictions. But if we are going to, for example, pay £300k to loan DI then sign him for free next year, why not pay £300k to buy him now?

We have 5 available loan slots in a match day squad, it wouldn’t make sense just to use one up in that way.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I wonder why we’d do that now? It made sense with CBT because of the allocated transfer pot vs loan pot with the restrictions. But if we are going to, for example, pay £300k to loan DI then sign him for free next year, why not pay £300k to buy him now?

We have 5 available loan slots in a match day squad, it wouldn’t make sense just to use one up in that way.

A lot of teams do these things now all through the leagues, especially at premier league level. Not always for end of contract, but quite often loan with buy at the end. Presumably it must help with PSR somehow. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Srg said:

A lot of teams do these things now all through the leagues, especially at premier league level. Not always for end of contract, but quite often loan with buy at the end. Presumably it must help with PSR somehow. 

I’m not 100% sure on how the rules work alongside restrictions, whether we’d have the same limits with or without restrictions, but only able to spend a certain amount of it etc?

Surely kicking the can down the road in terms of fees will just go towards our total in the next 3 year period when we could spend more if we chose to.

Edited by Kernow

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

I’m not 100% sure on how the rules work alongside restrictions, whether we’d have the same limits with or without restrictions, but only able to spend a certain amount of it etc?

Surely kicking the can down the road in terms of fees will just go towards our total in the next 3 year period when we could spend more if we chose to.

I'm guessing it might be something to do with spreading costs/wages over a loan and permanent transfer, somehow that must help. Pure guesswork though.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Makes a lot of sense to me:

Option 1) spend a fee now and have less money to spend on other players

Option 2) loan him for a year and get him on a free the following season.

No doubt the loan costs will be a lot less than any potential permanent fee, and you'd think a contract would get pre-agreed for him to sign the following summer, so no chance of him heading off to another club instead.

It's not as flashy but it sounds like good business to me!

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

Is Iverson any good 

Well he played for Warne before on loan at Rotherham. Since then, on his Leicester debut he saved 3 penalties in a shootout. He won Preston's player of the year season before last, then played 18 games for Stoke on loan since January. Good age at 26. Can't say I've seen him personally though.

23 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Makes a lot of sense to me:

Option 1) spend a fee now and have less money to spend on other players

Option 2) loan him for a year and get him on a free the following season.

No doubt the loan costs will be a lot less than any potential permanent fee, and you'd think a contract would get pre-agreed for him to sign the following summer, so no chance of him heading off to another club instead.

It's not as flashy but it sounds like good business to me!

I guess it would make some sense to Leicester in that they’re guaranteed some kind of fee rather than lose him for nothing next year, but that kind of deal sounds like something that would happen later in the window.

There were apparently a host of clubs who met Johansson’s release clause, you’d think that Iversen may be a logical choice if those clubs are still after a keeper.

If it makes more financial sense, then sure, but Warne has said we will be looking at PL loans. If Iversen comes in on loan, permanent next summer, we can have 4 more at most. We might not even fill those slots, but I would’ve thought spending a little more on Iversen as a permanent now and keeping the loan slot may make more sense in terms of building the depth we’ll need for the season.