Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

There is not a cat in hells chance that Preston will be paying £35k to £40k a week.

PNEs total wage bill is £20m with 115 members of staff.

Just a glance through Google and the range of his suggested wages are in the range of £10k to £19k per week.

They have offered a historic contact to him, by their own omission, so not his wages at the moment but what offer he has on the table. It could mean total monetary value, i.e. £20k a week for 5 years (£5.2m) in fairness - rather than £35k a week for 3 years (£5.4m). 

Either way, it's going to be high and he'll likely go to a side favoured for promotion. 

Not putting it in a new thread because the source is crap, but one of those rubbish twitter accounts is saying Portsmouth and ourselves are interested in Antony Evans from Bristol Rovers. Quick google shows Portsmouth have had reported interest for a while. 

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not putting it in a new thread because the source is crap, but one of those rubbish twitter accounts is saying Portsmouth and ourselves are interested in Antony Evans from Bristol Rovers. Quick google shows Portsmouth have had reported interest for a while. 

That account is rubbish, linked us with Poku, Campbell, Bernard and Chris Conn-Clarke. No source linked either!

1 hour ago, O'hare is the goat said:

That account is rubbish, linked us with Poku, Campbell, Bernard and Chris Conn-Clarke. No source linked either!

Yep, agreed. Wasn’t giving it justice of a new thread, but thought I’d get in there before someone else did. 

A signing that would suit us perfectly would be Liam Miller on loan to play left wing back. Every time I seen him for Preston this season he was a stand out. He’s out of Basels plans so he could be sent on loan again or maybe even be sold. He’s 24 years old and got 5 goals and 5 assists in 35 league games this season. He has also played for Charlton and Kilmarnock previously while coming through at Liverpool where he made 1 appearance. 

He is direct, creative and effective on the ball and also plays left or right wing. This is more of an optimistic signing but I’d rather aim high. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Are there any legitimate bits in a paper yet?

Depends on what you qualify as legitimate. Nixon (Sun football writer) linked us to Herbie Kane the day Barnsley announced he was leaving on a free. Darren Witcoop (The Mirror) has tweeted this evening that Rotherham are allegedly interested in Sibley. Local press in Derby and Cardiff regurgitated the same story this week that we’re still interested in signing Ebou Adams…. Then there’s loads of nonsense links from social media accounts. And some people on here with some alleged inside info suggesting we’re interested in signing Daniel Iversen the Leicester goalie (they and their sources/info may or may not be legitimate so there’s no real way of knowing).

Our transfer business under Warne has been mostly been kept quiet until the deals are nearly done so personally I’ve accepted there’s gonna be loads of speculation, of which most of it will probably be untrue, and we’ll see who we’re signing pretty much within hours of the deals being officially announced.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Depends on what you qualify as legitimate. Nixon (Sun football writer) linked us to Herbie Kane the day Barnsley announced he was leaving on a free. Darren Witcoop (The Mirror) has tweeted this evening that Rotherham are allegedly interested in Sibley. Local press in Derby and Cardiff regurgitated the same story this week that we’re still interested in signing Ebou Adams…. Then there’s loads of nonsense links from social media accounts. And some people on here with some alleged inside info suggesting we’re interested in signing Daniel Iversen the Leicester goalie.

Our transfer business under Warne has been mostly been kept quiet until the deals are nearly done so personally I’ve accepted there’s gonna be loads of speculation, of which most of it will probably be untrue, and we’ll see who we’re signing pretty much within hours of the deals being officially announced.

I like it like that. Means everyone is pulling in the same direction when nothing is getting out there on our side. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

I like it like that. Means everyone is pulling in the same direction when nothing is getting out there on our side. 

Agreed. I like silly season, love a good rumour, but would much rather the club actually go about business quietly and the news break once we’re close to announcing it. Such as the Adams deal in January, he mentioned talks had taken place before the African Nations Cup and it wasn’t until 31/01 that that Pete O’Rourke broke the story and he signed that day.

21 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Some interesting comments here

https://mobile.westhamonline.co.uk/forum_flat.php?10176026|a0_a0_a0

He just looks like one of those keepers you hate to face

Picked out one of the interesting comments you referred to,

“the goalkeeper has incredible range between the sticks”

Competition for NML & Cash!

13 hours ago, Srg said:

Anthony Evans is another player who scores very highly statistically, therefore if there was any truth in players like Nathan Trott and Evans (admittedly both unsubstantiated at this moment in time) it shows a clear process to at least set out and using technical scouting to source players.

I dont have the link now but I was looking at one of those horrendous websites plastered in adverts last night and the article suggested Docherty from Hull. I do think that's a decent shout, he is a very high energy centre mid and likes a pressing side. Criticism from my Rangers supporting mate was that he didn't have enough technical ability, which might explain why he got less of a look in with Rosenior at Hull last year than previous seasons. But if we want two infectious, hardworking box to box options in midfield then him and Adams could be interesting! 

On 21/05/2024 at 09:33, Srg said:

Appreciate you posting and acknowledging the probability it's an unrealisable source.  If there is any shred of truth then I think he's a player certainly worth pursuing.  Not really sure why, but I'd prefer him to Barnsley's Kane, although I am only making that assessment from the games we have played against them.  Evans was a nuisance and caused us problems. 

No doubt someone will have the stats, data and pie charts to tell me otherwise.

Really enjoying all the rumours, hearsay and suggestions on various players (except those overseas as I haven't seen any of them play so can't really form or give an opinion), but as you said I like the way we do our business.

Fond Regards

Gangway D from the Championship Terrace 

Posted (edited)

Sam Nombe

25 age Rotherham United F.C.

He Had a bad season but I don't think it because of him.I put it down to the team he was playing for

41 Matches

Goals

Assists

Yellow cards

would he be a good as backup striker?

Please tell me your thoughts on this one

Edited by WarCatDCFC
spelling mistake