Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

11 hours ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

RW - D'Margio Wright-Phillips - Stoke, 20, son of Shaun. Soon to be a free agent, but did well on loan in Belgium at Beerschot, a name which makes me thirsty.

How does Shaun Wright-Phillips have kids playing now? He would have been on this list himself not long ago (or it feels like it, sign of age!)

15 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Think your Ogbeta shout is decent. As you mentioned he’s confirmed to be leaving the Swans, 23 years old on a free he’d be a good option alongside Elder down the left which potentially frees Sibley (if he re-signs) to play in midfield/further forward.

Ogbeta is absolutely bobbins. Bolton fans really don’t rate the fella at all. 

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

Lucas jensen might be a good signing for us

I’m sure you’ve seen plenty of his near 300 games in the Danish top flight. Plenty of room to improve as he turns 30 this year. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

I’m sure you’ve seen plenty of his near 300 games in the Danish top flight. Plenty of room to improve as he turns 30 this year. 

I think he may mean the Lincoln goalkeeper but not sure 🤣

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

How does Shaun Wright-Phillips have kids playing now? He would have been on this list himself not long ago (or it feels like it, sign of age!)

Tell me about it!

My Champ Man knowledge tells me Shaun broke through at Man City just recently....in about 2002.

Brentford released their retained list and have released Shandon Baptiste. I’ve suggest him before on here but now he’s officially a free agent he’s a player we should definitely be after. He came through oxfords academy so I’m sure Mark Thomas knows about him.

Hes a box to box midfielder with 10 prem games (2 starts) this season with 1 goal and 1 assist. He’s 26 so is in the right age bracket and will definitely join a championship club. 

Over the 21/22 and 22/23 seasons he’s made 45 prem appearances which nearly all them from the bench so I’d imagine he’d seamlessly fit into a championship midfield having only played 14 championship games in his career so far.

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Brentford released their retained list and have released Shandon Baptiste. I’ve suggest him before on here but now he’s officially a free agent he’s a player we should definitely be after. He came through oxfords academy so I’m sure Mark Thomas knows about him.

Hes a box to box midfielder with 10 prem games (2 starts) this season with 1 goal and 1 assist. He’s 26 so is in the right age bracket and will definitely join a championship club. 

Over the 21/22 and 22/23 seasons he’s made 45 prem appearances which nearly all them from the bench so I’d imagine he’d seamlessly fit into a championship midfield having only played 14 championship games in his career so far.

Would be unreal but think he’ll be going to a team likely to be competing for autos 

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Shandon Baptiste fits the bill for our system too, but he’s played that little football over the past few years that I think it’s hard to actually gauge where he’s at and being ex-prem means high interest. 2000 minutes in the last three seasons in all competitions, not ideal. 

Brentford fans rate him as a player, but question his ability to stay fit and play games. It’s a risk vs reward signing but he’s going to get good money from a Championship club - there’s a good chance whoever pays it comes to regret it if he spends the time clogging up the physio’s room. 

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Isn’t he the clairvoyant in Phoenix nights

36 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I do like Liam Kelly who plays for Crawley, Crawleys striker Orsi isn’t a bad player either.

Kelly hasn't been anywhere near as influential in the second half and I'm not sure Orsi has touched the ball much bar his goal.

They look OK for L1 or L2 level but not stand out enough for the Championship (albeit, based on just this one game).

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Kelly hasn't been anywhere near as influential in the second half and I'm not sure Orsi has touched the ball much bar his goal.

They look OK for L1 or L2 level but not stand out enough for the Championship (albeit, based on just this one game).

They were both good in the 2 games against MK Dons 👍

3 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

They were both good in the 2 games against MK Dons 👍

True but MK Dons were pretty woeful in that game and nothing like the kind of opposition we'll come up against in the Championship. But, that's what we have scouts for. To watch more regular games (rather than "Cup finals") and assess whether players have the potential to step up (two divisions in this case). Not a skill I possess. 😀

Didn't know quite where to post this, but here's as good as anywhere.

Clearing out some junk in the garage and found some random pages from the Derby Telegraph dated September 1st 2020. Strange, as I've never bought a copy in my life, living in Leicestershire. I think it was from some packing in an eBay parcel.

Anyway, under a heading about 'Balance' I found this article, too physically large to scan, I had to crop bits off it. Sorry it's a bit crumpled.

Rams_2020.jpg