Ebou Adams

I would normally have said that Ebou is a must signing, but we can't be held to ransom by Cardiff.

I've never really like Cardiff, just something about that I have never liked and the way they dealt with the Sala incident, refusing to pay the selling club a penny because the player didn't arrive, as though they had ordered something from Amazon.

We have to be prepared to walk away from any deal, safe in the knowledge that we should be able to pick him up in 12-months time depending on the situation. 

Unsurprising Cardiff are looking to maximise their commercial value in him when he proved how important he was to our promotion, but equally the market for Adams isn't going to be huge and I can't imagine there is an active line of bidders all looking to blow us out the water. 

I suspect this gets done, equally I don't expect it to be done quickly. 

1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

This will get done if we hold firm, as the window goes by their asking price will lower. They’re not going to want an unhappy player hanging round the place for a season.  

That's a risky strategy. If we're getting towards the start of the season and Cardiffs' stance remains resolute, our 2nd and 3rd options for the Ebou role might have gone elsewhere.

I would make them what we consider our best offer, give them a deadline and if they don't accept, move on to the next option. Having said that, I would love to have him here but only if it's within our budget.

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would normally have said that Ebou is a must signing, but we can't be held to ransom by Cardiff.

I've never really like Cardiff, just something about that I have never liked and the way they dealt with the Sala incident, refusing to pay the selling club a penny because the player didn't arrive, as though they had ordered something from Amazon.

As well as they play in a different country and have a different football association 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

I can’t see Cardiff having a queue for him. We are likely their best option between having an unhappy player in their squad and getting nothing at the end of the season, or taking what’s sensible now. 

Who is more desperate them or us?