Ebou Adams - Signed on 3 year deal

Has anyone ever seen @SECornerRAM and Warne in the same room ? I think it’s his burner account to get some laughs. 

Jokes aside it’s not going to be an up front fee there will be add ons etc. Ebou was the perfect player for our system and he still has 4/5 years in him at champ level at least. Great deal, also it’s very hard to find people who would genuinely run through brick walls for the badge Ebou does that.

Oh I so hope this happens. Some have commented on his technical ability but from what I saw last season he is fully at Champ level in terms of touch and the ability to look up. No he isn’t a genius pass spraying creator but he is a ball player who knows where he is on the field and makes every opponent know it too. Then add in his drive muscle, commitment and clear desire to play for us I’d be delighted. He’s a lynchpin. Get him and a keeper and we are nearly there 

Cardiff fan in peace. I think the deal going through is tied to us getting Calum Chambers from Villa through the door as he could do the same job as Ebu. After a freak injury he never got a run in our side really and I wish him all the best with you guy's as he not only a decent player but a nice fella too. The fee being reported is around 900k and worth every penny too.

Edited by Taffy

13 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Spot on. These journos always list the price with all add-ons included.

Yep.

I do find it funny that people obsess over transfer fees when whether is £250k, £500k or £1m it's Clowes that ultimately funds it. As long as we sign him that's all I really care about.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yep.

I do find it funny that people obsess over transfer fees when whether is £250k, £500k or £1m it's Clowes that ultimately funds it. As long as we sign him that's all I really care about.

Of course people care about it. Mel ultimately funded his deals, but he left us deep in the s***. People are keen to see us run sustainably (not commenting on this deal in general)

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yep.

I am ok with that too … with Clowes in charge.

I wasn’t with Mel. I kept thinking where is this money coming from it is seriously eye watering .. the Butterfield / Johnson thing .. I thought 10 million pounds nooo surely not ! Then I though oh well Mel has got 500 mil of Candy Crush dosh so maybe he’s just being generous .. turns out he wasn’t and it was just a monster gamble with the heart of the club taking the risk.

I love the bloke as much as the next Rams fan, but “just under £1m” for a 28-year-old who hasn’t played much at this level does seem steep. I hope others are right in that the fee is comprised of significant add-ons. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Of course people care about it. Mel ultimately funded his deals, but he left us deep in the s***. People are keen to see us run sustainably (not commenting on this deal in general)

A few hundred thousand either way for this deal makes very little difference in the grand scheme of things.

I see people say they'd have paid no more than £500,000 yet to miss out on this player for the sake of a few hundred thousand just to try and demonstrate some some of sustainability in this loss making industry would be ridiculous when he was so instrumental to our team and fit us like a glove.

If we've ended up paying a little more than I thought we would have to then I really don't care, I wasn't expecting us to rake in millions in sell on fees for Kellyman & Delap this summer either.

5 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I love the bloke as much as the next Rams fan, but “just under £1m” for a 28-year-old who hasn’t played much at this level does seem steep. I hope others are right in that the fee is comprised of significant add-ons. 

What fee would you have been happy with? 600K? 700K?

If he has a similar impact on the side this season, compared with the last, he will be worth every penny.

You could even argue that signing him has become even more important after bringing in Kenzo. The two sound like they would compliment eachother perfectly in midfield.

I can understand the resistance to the size of the fee, but just think about it like a slice of the Kellyman fee we're getting. 

Edited by Nuwtfly

Worth noting that, while 28 isn't "young", he only made his breakthrough in the EFL at 23, after a season in the National League the year before. Very similar to Jamie Vardy.

He's closer to a typical 25/26 year old in terms of professional experience, especially if you account for his injury. I wouldn't be surprised if he's about to step up to his best level yet.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

It’s easy to get obsessed with transfer fees but in reality add-ons, bonuses, and wages over the course of a contract can easily mean a free signing costs more overall than a supposed £1m fee. Let’s face it, he’s not going to be earning a fat Wayne type salary and he’s already done more than him in a Derby shirt.