Where do you think we'll finish this season?

10 hours ago, YouRams said:

3 horse race with Barnsley losing. Got a funny feeling about Peterborough, 6 left to play for them and 4 very winnable games, if they beat Oxford too they'll be right in it.

Yep, whilst not mathematically out of it, I think Barnsley have blown it now. Posh do have a chance but, they probably need to win five of their remaining games to catch and overtake both us and Bolton. As we have seen, every game is winnable but they could all be lost or drawn. To be honest, I can’t see both us and Bolton collapsing so Posh’s chances are probably slim.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Yep, whilst not mathematically out of it, I think Barnsley have blown it now. Posh do have a chance but, they probably need to win five of their remaining games to catch and overtake both us and Bolton. As we have seen, every game is winnable but they could all be lost or drawn. To be honest, I can’t see both us and Bolton collapsing so Posh’s chances are probably slim.

Vale need a win against them tonight so hopefully do us a favour, if we play the last 4 like the first half against Pompey we're in with a very good chance.

Win tonight an I’ll start believing, won’t be easy just hope they’re on a downer after Sunday.

Think Bolton beat Pompey on Saturday but drop points elsewhere, would be nice for Oxford to get something from Posh aswell

3 hours ago, Topram said:

Win tonight an I’ll start believing, won’t be easy just hope they’re on a downer after Sunday.

Think Bolton beat Pompey on Saturday but drop points elsewhere, would be nice for Oxford to get something from Posh aswell

As long as we back it up with a win on Saturday.

Six points from these two games and we’ll be strong favourites. Four points we’ll probably be slight favourites still. Anything less and it will be in the balance.

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

As long as we back it up with a win on Saturday.

Six points from these two games and we’ll be strong favourites. Four points we’ll probably be slight favourites still. Anything less and it will be in the balance.

If we take 6 points and Bolton beat Pompey i can't lie that'll be deflating. I know 6 points keeps it in our hands, but the sooner Bolton drop points to give us a significant gap the better.

Just now, TomTom92 said:

If we take 6 points and Bolton beat Pompey i can't lie that'll be deflating. I know 6 points keeps it in our hands, but the sooner Bolton drop points to give us a significant gap the better.

I won’t be deflated, just relieved we won our two games. 

Think we're going to have to hope for a Peterborough-Bolton draw on the final day now.

If Bolton win their last 4, they're up, nothing we can do about it.

If both us and Peterborough win our remaining games, it'll come down to goal difference.

I'm hoping Portsmouth can beat Bolton and if we beat Leyton Orient then it's firmly back in our hands in terms of holding Bolton off, Peterborough are a worry now though.

I think if we win our final 3 then we will get 2nd, even if that’s not guaranteed now.

Peterborough or Bolton are realistically still going to have to win all their remaining games to finish above us, as I think that’s our last points dropped of the season.

Peterborough are two games in to a run of 7 games in 20 days. They’ve won the two so far, but if they go on to win the next 5 in 17 days then fair play to them.

For Bolton I think the key turning point is going to be Saturday, if they beat Pompey then we may be in trouble. They then have Shrewsbury and Port Vale at home which should be nothing less than 6 points.

I personally see it going in to the final day with Derby 89, Bolton 88, Peterborough 86. If we can’t get promoted before the final game, then having both Bolton & Peterborough within reach of us is better than only having one. If one of the two can’t get automatics, then I wouldn’t be surprised if that side rested a few.

It’s strange because despite how poor tonight was, and despite it no longer being in our hands, it still feels like it is.

9 points from 9, we can do it. I still think we’ll go up.

This weekend is massive. If Bolton and Peterborough can both muster up wins from tricky games even if we win we're in deep bother. I said a few weeks ago re that Bolton/Peterborough final game its likely a draw will be no good to either side so that almost certainly won't happen as an outcome. 

Bolton can ge a maximum of 93 points but have Pompey (h), Shrewsbury (h), Port Vale (h) and Peterboro (a). Peterboro can get a maximum of 92 (Like Derby). But they have 5 games to play in 13 days starting with Oxford (a), Fleetwood (h), Bristol (a), Cheltenham (a) and last game against Bolton at home. Between Bolton & Peterboro, one or both won't get maximum points because they both play each other on the last day.

The way I see it; Pompey need a win this Saturday to secure promotion and also take the League One title knowing the trophy would be displayed at their next home fixture against Barnsley. Bolton, now see a chance to catch Derby in 2nd spot, both teams will be going for a win, so I see a draw. Peterboro also look to have a sniff of the 2nd spot but face Oxford away who need to pick up points to hold on to that 6th spot. Peterboro have'nt drawn a league match since January, so I'm thinking this would also be a draw.

Derby, with the points in the bag (always better than games in hand at this squeeky bum time of the season) have Orient (h), Cambridge (a) and already relegated Carlisle at home. Win all three and we should secure 2nd spot. Well we did win 4 on the bounce at the begining of last month. It could end up with more twists and turns yet and possibly the 2nd spot might be won on goal difference.

30 minutes ago, dantheram said:

The issue is our form is crap. Bolton and Peterborough have both found a run of wins, we don’t look like it. 

Run of wins? They've each won two on the trot, none of which were away at Portsmouth. Over the last 6 games, only Peterborough have picked up more points than us (one). We're all in similar "form" as far as results go.

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Bolton can ge a maximum of 93 points but have Pompey (h), Shrewsbury (h), Port Vale (h) and Peterboro (a). Peterboro can get a maximum of 92 (Like Derby). But they have 5 games to play in 13 days starting with Oxford (a), Fleetwood (h), Bristol (a), Cheltenham (a) and last game against Bolton at home. Between Bolton & Peterboro, one or both won't get maximum points because they both play each other on the last day.

The way I see it; Pompey need a win this Saturday to secure promotion and also take the League One title knowing the trophy would be displayed at their next home fixture against Barnsley. Bolton, now see a chance to catch Derby in 2nd spot, both teams will be going for a win, so I see a draw. Peterboro also look to have a sniff of the 2nd spot but face Oxford away who need to pick up points to hold on to that 6th spot. Peterboro have'nt drawn a league match since January, so I'm thinking this would also be a draw.

Derby, with the points in the bag (always better than games in hand at this squeeky bum time of the season) have Orient (h), Cambridge (a) and already relegated Carlisle at home. Win all three and we should secure 2nd spot. Well we did win 4 on the bounce at the begining of last month. It could end up with more twists and turns yet and possibly the 2nd spot might be won on goal difference.

The way things are now after tonight u almost feel that we need Posh to be in with a chance of the autos (along with Bolton) for the last game of the season so that it means something. So long as we go into that last game knowing that, if we win then we will likely go up, then I will take that… even if it’s a question that we have to win by a certain number of goals to go up by GD..

Our main issue is that Bolton and Peterborough are playing like teams who deserve to go up. Before people point out posh’s shock result against Carlisle, I’m referring to how many goals they’re scoring. 

We seem unable to score more than 1 (minus Pompey) in recent weeks. We’re really making hard work of it. Are we running on empty?

If we win our last 3 we’d be unlucky to miss out on 92 points but as things stand our momentum has somewhat stalled.