Where do you think we'll finish this season?

3 minutes ago, Paultheram said:

Never mind the result today….

It was and is still in our own hands.

Win 4 games and were promoted!

When we start relying on favours from other clubs or hoping for results is when it starts going downhill…

Shouldn’t be looking for favours in this standard of football . But the extra few days rest is a big bonus for our older players .

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Shouldn’t be looking for favours in this standard of football . But the extra few days rest is a big bonus for our older players .

What’s best for us ..??…. Wycombe winning or losing against Posh in the final ??

Portsmouth just need to avoid defeat at Bolton and they’re essentially up. Hopefully that goes in our favour and we can capitalise at home to Orient. Combine that with a win at Wycombe and I’m hoping we can build a gap of 6 points with 2 to play, but Bolton will still have a game in hand at that point.

All set up to go into the last day 3 points clear where avoiding defeat at home to already relegated Carlisle will see us up, what could go wrong there?

Edited by Kernow

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

For what its worth, I think we will lose to Wycombe and win the last 3, finishing on 88 points.

It could, just, be enough.

3 wins puts us on 91 points which should see us up. But Bolton are starting to turn the heat up and I’ve got a nasty feeling they’ll win their last 3. Need Pompey to do a job on them.

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't care and I don't think it matters. All I want is exhausting extra time and each team kicking lumps out of each other.

Well Wycombe will most certainly do ok at the last part of your request!

I don’t see us losing to Wycombe and if we do then it will be a disaster.

They don’t play until 4:30pm tomorrow. They should be putting everything in to that game against a very athletic Peterborough side.

We play them 72 hours later where they’ll just about be sobering up or they’ll be downbeat. Either way they won’t fancy a game Wednesday night and will probably be planning their summer holiday.

Wycombe is a must win in my eyes. We can’t give Bolton the incentive that if they beat Portsmouth they could go above us. 

Edited by Mckram

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

the most exciting way to go up is through the play offs. 

But the most heartbreaking is to fail in the play offs.

If you could guarantee promotion I’d gladly take our day of triumph at Wembley.

Edited by Tamworthram

🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️   
🕯️                  🕯️ 

🕯️ Extra time 🕯️  

🕯️               🕯️ 
     🕯️ 🕯️🕯️  

think kids or today call it manifestation.

30 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Hopefully not third… Be interesting to know how often the team placing 3rd end up going up via the play offs (and countering the anguish of missing out on autos). 
Positions of teams promoted in play-offs

Curse of the play offs.
Pinched from Sky Sports. May be old figures but 3rd seems strongest.

Promoted through Playoffs 

Position      Championship.   League One.   LeagueTwo  Total    Percentage

3rd (4th in L2)        10                     9                    13            32           50%

4th (5th in L2).         5.                    7                      5             17           21%

5th (6th in L2).         7                     5                      4            16             19.8%

6th (7th in L2).         5                     6                      5             16            19.8

Edited by Old Spalding Ram