Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I appreciate Warne get's a lot of stick... and at times like this it's difficult to argue against... But there's a particular trait I like... have always liked... in a player.  And that's passion!

Not for the shirt, per sé.  Not for the badge specifically.  But for their craft.

There's a distinct lack of that right now, and it seemed to be massively magnified last night.

Masses of mistakes last night, and yet I don't recall one single hint of a player reacting in a frustrated "must do better" kind of way.  No kicking hoardings.  No thumping the ground.  No heavenwards screaming out in frustration.  No bollockings from team mates.  No fist pumping encouragement.
Even young Cashin was doing this a few weeks back... and it was truly wonderful to witness... but that seems to have gone now (And no, I'm not singling him out intentionally.  No effing way!)  

All we got last night was meek acknowledgements of apology.  Lots of stooped shoulders! A half-raised hand of patheticism. (*Looks like I just made that word up, but it's staying in!  Fuckem!) 

If I was the cynical sort (I'm not!), I'd be wondering if they actually cared!

Now... I hasten to add... My support of DCFC is currently going through a similar phase.  I can laugh it off.  I can shrug my shoulders.  I can slouch back in my NE Corner seat and not bother singing.  (I won't boo, but my silence alone should be deafening to the players!)  I can almost appear to those that don't know me as though I don't care.  That's not the case, but I certainly don't care as much nowadays as I have done in the past.  Of course I've lost SOME of my passion.  But that comes with age.  That comes with having "Been there before... numerous times".  In essence, I've "got an excuse".

These players don't have that excuse.  They are the now.  They are as close to being in their prime as they're likely to be.  They should care.  They ought to care.  They should be taking pride in their craft.  They should feel the passion.

They ain't clocking in at Royces at 07:40 every morning, to stare at the same old computerised CNC milling machine hour after hour.  They ain't driving the same old dirty bus around the same old dirty streets of Derby day in, day out.  They ain't staring at spreadsheets shift after shift.  Those guys and gals are (arguably) entitled to "plod on".

These guys are craftsmen.  They are entertainers.  They are professional athletes. They have either been gifted with a talent, or indeed they have worked bloody hard to hone themselves that talent. 
So where is their pride?  Where is their passion?  Why are they letting their peers down?  Why are they letting the supporters down?  Why are they LETTING THEMSELVES DOWN? WTF does it look like they don't care?

I just can't get my head around that.

Can you do Saturday’s pre match team talk please?

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Warne’s RD interview was interesting. He magnanimously said he brings Bradley on to score from set pieces and since he didn’t score, that was one Warne got wrong. Apart from that …  it’s all down to the players. 

The problem is : if the players are continually blamed and if they don’t believe in him as a tactician, then they lose their motivation. And his ‘gas out’ approach can only work if they are 100% motivated. 

Players enjoy playing good football. He needs to find a way to get them playing better football 

how many times has this happened,and how many goals has bradley scored.clearly a master plan.if he wants bradley to score,he knows we are playing with no height up front,so why keep crossing to giant defenders.11/12 corners against lincoln,how many actually hit a ram.we simply dont have the right ingredients for wing it and whack it

3 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

I thought we'd got the Why Wall and don't step on the badge and other such Warne motivational tactics? I've not watch the 'We are Derby' RamsTV vids for a while, has he stopped doing it?

10 minutes ago, ap04 said:

What on earth were people expecting?

Maybe the odd shot on target over 90 minutes for a start? Quote whatever metrics you like but no shots on target is piss poor in any game and fans actually notice that sort of metric.

It was decent ? Really ? Most people are of the opinion that it was a poor performance with a poor result, giving the ball away cheaply and most players having a collective off day. Warne was correct on with his assessment IMHO. "We weren't aggressive enough, didn't win enough second balls and sometimes you lose matches because the simple basics aren't good enough." . A bad day at the office then. I'd agree with that.

I don't however believe that we have suddenly become a bad side and we need to (and can) get back on track. We are challenged by injuries at the moment but we are better than we showed and I want and expect us to raise our levels for the next one. That was poor though and I see no need to pretend otherwise. I'll be there Saturday as usual and they'll have my full backing as usual and being critical of a particular performance doesn't change that.

22 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

I'd love to, but I fear I'd go all weak at the knees being in the presence of my heroes.
And one eye-to-eye glance from young master Cashin would almost certainly lead to me moistening my trouser region.

Nice thought, but no thanks.

🐏

11 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Maybe the odd shot on target over 90 minutes for a start? Quote whatever metrics you like but no shots on target is piss poor in any game and fans actually notice that sort of metric.

Since when is 'on target' a good measure of how close the attempt is to a goal? The bulk of these are comfortable saves and not a threat at all, whereas more than half of near moments are narrow misses not covered by the keeper. In fact yesterday all of the big chances for either side other than the goal were off target ones.

A few weeks back when we were however may games unbeaten, we weren't suddenly Barcelona and now, after just 7 points from 5 games we have still only lost 2 of 14 so we aren't going to do a Forest Green either.

Why do Derby fans seem incapable of a sense of relativity? Unable to put context into a situation. A loss sees so many in a dark and dismal place, a win has them creaming themselves. Extremes, it would seem, as with just about everything in modern day life. 

4 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

A few weeks back when we were however may games unbeaten, we weren't suddenly Barcelona and now, after just 7 points from 5 games we have still only lost 2 of 14 so we aren't going to do a Forest Green either.

Why do Derby fans seem incapable of a sense of relativity? Unable to put context into a situation. A loss sees so many in a dark and dismal place, a win has them creaming themselves. Extremes, it would seem, as with just about everything in modern day life. 

I think only 1 win in 4 is a factor - we didn't score a single goal in the other 3. In that one game we did win, we needed a 93rd minute goal to take all 3 points. This was against a team in L2, a team in the releation zone, a team who were only 2 points clear of the releagation zone, and a team who had gone 8 games without a win.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought we'd got the Why Wall and don't step on the badge and other such Warne motivational tactics? I've not watch the 'We are Derby' RamsTV vids for a while, has he stopped doing it?

The cameras don't go into the changing rooms any more for that. Shame, as it was the best thing about the series.

23 minutes ago, ap04 said:

Since when is 'on target' a good measure of how close the attempt is to a goal? The bulk of these are comfortable saves and not a threat at all, whereas more than half of near moments are narrow misses not covered by the keeper. In fact yesterday all of the big chances for either side other than the goal were off target ones.

If it's not on target then it's not going in? A miserably hit off-target shot isn't going in and a well hit off-target shot isn't going in. An on-target shot might go in. So the difference between us an them was that they had a shot on target and it went in.

29 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Once again, as seems to be missed every time we play crap and lose, it's not the fact we lost. It's the absolutely dire performance that went with it that we are bothered by. We won't win every match, however we should be expecting to turn up and compete.

There a way to lose, and it's to go down swinging. Last night was nowhere near that. But boiling it down to an over reaction for losing is massively wide of the truth.

5 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m not losing sight of the great run we’re still on despite the disappointing few games but hand on heart how many times have we come away from the games thinking we played well? 

I know people say it’s a results business and that’s true but poor performances will eventually regress back to poor results and vice versa which is why (as well as wanting to enjoy the football) people crave good performances because ultimately they’ll lead to solid results. 

Been saying exactly this for a while so I absolutely agree. Results achieved are obviously what will determine our end position in the table.

But when you're achieving results well in excess of performance levels you have a sustainabllity concern.

The hope for many I think was that good results would increase confidence, leading to better performances and hence better results.....

But the alternative of performances NOT improving and results regressing was always possible.....

6 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Once again, as seems to be missed every time we play crap and lose, it's not the fact we lost. It's the absolutely dire performance that went with it that we are bothered by. We won't win every match, however we should be expecting to turn up and compete.

There a way to lose, and it's to go down swinging. Last night was nowhere near that. But boiling it down to an over reaction for losing is massively wide of the truth.

We've been awful in defeat and often not that great when we win.

Was at the game last night , firstly I’d like to say well done to Reading , did a job on us which coupled with the conditions made for a poor night for the Rams, secondly I noticed some of the doomsayers and told you so brigade were out in force on here last night , some of the abuse aimed at the manager and most of the players is quite frankly diabolical, yes it wasn’t good but especially the likes of Cash and Birdy do not deserve the comments aimed at them

Now is the time for cool heads and all our support starting Saturday , yes we miss Nyambe and Fozzy but we have to play the hand we’ve been dealt , I still feel the manager and these players will get us up this season it’s going to be a rollercoaster ride so buckle in , keep the faith and let’s see if I’m right

57 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Disagree to an extent. There are a few people on here, myself included, who have been voicing concerns over the issues we perceived since as early as last season. None of those issues have gone away and the club have done very little to change my mind.

This isn't some mindless knee-jerk reaction. For a lot of people it's simply that there is only so much paper you can put over the cracks before you run out.

Plenty of people advocated for time, which is fair enough, but Warne has had over a year at this point and the same issues keep cropping up.

5 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Is it tho? CBT said the 12-18 month plan so does that mean he has another year at getting promotion? I think warnes happy at playing the long game and keeping us in league 1 its crap! The football is crap and the resaults are starting to be crap again 

1 loss out of the last 1 game quite alarming 

24 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Was at the game last night , firstly I’d like to say well done to Reading , did a job on us which coupled with the conditions made for a poor night for the Rams, secondly I noticed some of the doomsayers and told you so brigade were out in force on here last night , some of the abuse aimed at the manager and most of the players is quite frankly diabolical, yes it wasn’t good but especially the likes of Cash and Birdy do not deserve the comments aimed at them

Now is the time for cool heads and all our support starting Saturday , yes we miss Nyambe and Fozzy but we have to play the hand we’ve been dealt , I still feel the manager and these players will get us up this season it’s going to be a rollercoaster ride so buckle in , keep the faith and let’s see if I’m right

Well said but you're wasting your breath some couldn't wait to post their negatively. 

22 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Disagree to an extent. There are a few people on here, myself included, who have been voicing concerns over the issues we perceived since as early as last season. None of those issues have gone away and the club have done very little to change my mind.

This isn't some mindless knee-jerk reaction. For a lot of people it's simply that there is only so much paper you can put over the cracks before you run out.

Plenty of people advocated for time, which is fair enough, but Warne has had over a year at this point and the same issues keep cropping up.

We're 3 points off top spot and you want the bloke sacked by the sound of it that's absolutely comical 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

No idea. Stopped watching it too. Guess his motivational powers are suffering like the team unfortunately