Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

Top spot there for the taking and we turn in a first half where we look half cut.

No one can be happy with that  Thompson and Bird...maybe Wilson will feel they have been OK.

Barks has touched it about 3 times all half. Collins has done nothing.  Hourihane has been very poor.

Definitely needs changes......

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

NML has been looking poor for 3 games. Cashin looks like he could do with a game or two out.  Bird needs putting in the bin.  Most over rated player to out on a Derby shirt .  If he wasn't one of our own we be swapping him for Butterfield.

I was told if I don’t see what Bird does I shouldn’t go to the games and just wait for the scores on here by someone recently 🤣

Max Bird playing hide and seek with himself as usual. Would love a midfielder that actually offers an option to the defenders and actually shows for the ball. 

If you don't watch the game and just watch Birds movement I swear he purposely hides behind the opposition players so he cant receive the ball. Hes been doing it for years but nobody seems to say anything.

Sloppy at the back, offside too often up front. Both teams have had the rare good passage of play. Elder really growing into the team and, whilst he has made a couple of over hit passes and didn’t clear the ball well after Cashin’s rare error, I don’t think Hourihane has been as bad as some are suggesting. That would be my summary.

12 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Elder keeps giving too much space. Nelson and Cashin off the pace.

Barks non-existent. Collins offside constantly. 

NML ineffective.

Scruffy AF so far.

He's been poor in defending, but everyone is loving his forward play apparently. They seem to have spotted that as all their dangerous play has come down his side.

Just now, tombomb said:

Max Bird playing hide and seek with himself as usual. Would love a midfielder that actually offers an option to the defenders and actually shows for the ball. 

If you don't watch the game and just watch Birds movement I swear he purposely hides behind the opposition players so he cant receive the ball. Hes been doing it for years but nobody seems to say anything.

Sorry but Bird is not physically fit or strong enough to play at a level higher than this. The guy has zero ambition to improve himself which is a shame because he is decent with ball at feet. But if allowed to drift and stand still he will take it every time rather than burst a b****** trying to influence a match. Warne needs to light a huge rocket under him or just get rid.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's been poor in defending, but everyone is loving his forward play apparently. They seem to have spotted that as all their dangerous play has come down his side.

Who would have thought to double up out wide would stop us playing