Richard Keogh

Poynton ram

Some views from the ambulance chaser fanbase

"A truly dreadful signing. A 37 year old who had just gone through a massive operation following that stupid drunk driving incident. He hadn’t played regular football in years. He’s thick as mince judging by his interviews. Has to be one of the worst signings in recent history, which is even more grating because it was so predictable."

I think Richard's interviews were just too cerebral for this person, like you say. I also wonder how this poster missed the 4 years and 80 league appearances between Alfie's car accident and his signing for Wycombe.

"Probably the right thing, it just seemed a season too far.

Sad it didn't work out for him though, I met him at the season ticket refund waiver day (rolls off the tongue that) over the summer and had a long chat with him. Seemed like a really nice bloke, intelligent too (that's for the idiot above who described him as "thick as mince"). Was really good with the kids who were there as well, as were all the players.

Good luck for the future Keezy"

Obviously 'Keezy's' alt account. More subtlety required Richard.

"I know why we signed him, a mentor for Forino and Low and cover. But he didn't work out when on the pitch. I felt he had TOO much influence bizarrely. He seemed to demand the ball short from Max constantly (whether this was a tactic or him) during the dreadful 5 at the back era. We could be a goal down with a minute to play and the tempo would be killed as Max passed it 6 yards to Keogh."

Strong sense of déjà vu here.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Boycie said:

Does he hate spending time at home that much?

How much did he get from Derby via the courts?

Can't blame him getting every drip out of his career that he can, but I'm surprised anyone still goes near him. He's been awful for years. Saw him in ecfc vs wwfc this season and he was hoiked off after 50 mins or so, was absolutely shambolic