Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Should we surprise them and play a ball through midfield.

Exactly….. we are just too predictable - opposition teams know that if they can cut off the balls down the line after we push it out wide (every time it seems) then we have no Plan B to create and come through the middle…

We need more of an obstacle in midfield than either Hourihane or Bird. Too often, Lincoln players have been able to run unchallenged from their own half on the break. We need to stop that.

I feel that when we apply pressure, they're defending is bordering on desperate, so if we can stop those breaks, we can get our noses in front.

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

We need more of an obstacle in midfield than either Hourihane or Bird. Too often, Lincoln players have been able to run unchallenged from their own half on the break. We need to stop that.

I feel that when we apply pressure, they're defending is bordering on desperate, so if we can stop those breaks, we can get our noses in front.

We definitely need a midfield enforcer who’s going to sit in centre of park  Hourihane nor Bird are these players I’d bring Thommo on for Sibley or Elder and swap Sibley to LB can see a 3 at back coming here 😳

48 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

In fact Lincoln's central spire collapsed in 1548, at which point it was no longer the world's tallest building, but we just didn't build anything bigger than it had once been until 1890. "Blimey" indeed!

Jerry built rubbish. so it only stood for 237 years. 

3 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Edged it but could be 3-0 down makes sence

It does though. We’ve had the bulk of possession, mostly in their half. Lots of nearly play i.e. things that didn’t quite work. A few good shots / openings. 

But we’ve left ourselves open to breakaway runs and could easily have conceded. 

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

We definitely need a midfield enforcer who’s going to sit in centre of park  Hourihane nor Bird are these players I’d bring Thommo on for Sibley or Elder and swap Sibley to LB can see a 3 at back coming here 😳

It seems like a broken record from fans to be honest… it’s been a constant weakness of ours…. And PW needs to sort it..

I fear it will cost us dear this season if Warne doesn’t address the known issue in midfield ie the lack of legs and pace. It’s killing us attacking wise (everything goes down a wing and ends up with a cross) and particularly defending where midfield is an open door to the opposition. Been saying for 18 mths you cannot pair `Hourihane and Bird in midfield, they are both luxuries who play at exhibition pace.

Edited by Matchday Fred