Charlie Savage

Heisenberg

On 01/01/2024 at 20:19, Papahet said:

Bizarre we didn't sign him in the summer tbh on a free 

This. Have our recruitment people somehow only just stumbled upon him? Surely they track every young player coming through, and especially those who might have a connection with the club. It would be so amateur now if we pay a fee for him when he went as a free transfer a few months ago.

22 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

This. Have our recruitment people somehow only just stumbled upon him? Surely they track every young player coming through, and especially those who might have a connection with the club. It would be so amateur now if we pay a fee for him when he went as a free transfer a few months ago.

To be fair, there's nothing to say we didn't try for him on a free

Sav obviously won't say it outwardly but I bet he's angling to move Charlie on from there. Not much to be gained for a young player, or any player really, in that environment. I read somewhere they sacked the assistant last week because they couldn't afford him

19 minutes ago, Sheepinthedales said:

Sav obviously won't say it outwardly but I bet he's angling to move Charlie on from there. Not much to be gained for a young player, or any player really, in that environment. I read somewhere they sacked the assistant last week because they couldn't afford him

I also think if the chance was there Sav would love for Charlie to join us

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Odd one.  Think we need better.  He'll get more games at Stockport.

Got 4 goals from midfield for a team in absolute crisis? 1 goal per 7 matches for that s**** is nothing to be sniffed at. 

Also have to look at it that there’s a big chance we lose bird either now or in summer - will Hourihane still be here after summer? I’m not so sure. Same with regards to Smith. 

That’d leave us with Fornah and Thompson? Add Savage to them and a more senior player on a free in summer and you’ve got some decent options. You’ve got youth and legs. 

Id be very much for us making transfers that seem cheap but have potential for the players to grow with us. 

people always used to say they want us to be like Brentford well Brentford never signed players in their prime. They signed good players from underperforming teams based on their chairman’s model and developed them before selling them on for a fortune. 

10 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

A few weeks ago Robbie spoke how he and his wife were worried about Charlie with the concern of him not getting paid having taken on all the responsibilities of moving out and away from home.As any parents would be for their kids 

Well at least he is better placed than most parents financially to help his lad out. I hope we sign him anyway

3 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Well at least he is better placed than most parents financially to help his lad out. I hope we sign him anyway

Not sure that’s the point. Think about all of the other young players who could be in that situation. Many won’t have family who can just step in and help. 

58 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Got 4 goals from midfield for a team in absolute crisis? 1 goal per 7 matches for that s**** is nothing to be sniffed at. 

Also have to look at it that there’s a big chance we lose bird either now or in summer - will Hourihane still be here after summer? I’m not so sure. Same with regards to Smith. 

That’d leave us with Fornah and Thompson? Add Savage to them and a more senior player on a free in summer and you’ve got some decent options. You’ve got youth and legs. 

Id be very much for us making transfers that seem cheap but have potential for the players to grow with us. 

people always used to say they want us to be like Brentford well Brentford never signed players in their prime. They signed good players from underperforming teams based on their chairman’s model and developed them before selling them on for a fortune. 

He's not getting a game at a team in absolute crisis

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

If our CM options next season regardless of division are Fornah, Thompson, Savage and one other.... God help us stay in L1, let alone the Champ.

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah, would there be this much attention for him if his surname wasn’t Savage?

Taking his name out of it I’d be interested to hear we were looking at signing a 20 year old midfielder, who’s a youth international that came through United’s academy and has been playing league one football this season with 4 goals and 1 assist across 28 appearances in all competitions. 
It fits the profile of who I’d want us to be signing, younger players with potential for their ability on the pitch as well as their re-sale value to the club.