Charlie Savage

Heisenberg

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Taking his name out of it I’d be interested to hear we were looking at signing a 20 year old midfielder, who’s a youth international that came through United’s academy and has been playing league one football this season with 4 goals and 1 assist across 28 appearances in all competitions. 
It fits the profile of who I’d want us to be signing, younger players with potential for their ability on the pitch as well as their re-sale value to the club. 

Totally agree. I want to see us start building for the future, no more stop gap signings

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Taking his name out of it I’d be interested to hear we were looking at signing a 20 year old midfielder, who’s a youth international that came through United’s academy and has been playing league one football this season with 4 goals and 1 assist across 28 appearances in all competitions. 
It fits the profile of who I’d want us to be signing, younger players with potential for their ability on the pitch as well as their re-sale value to the club. 

Agree that on paper it looks good but Reading aren’t picking him at the moment. Could be that the uncertainty has unsettled him.

If he signs, will his grinning buffoon dad be seen at PP?

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree that on paper it looks good but Reading aren’t picking him at the moment. Could be that the uncertainty has unsettled him.

If he signs, will his grinning buffoon dad be seen at PP?

Mire importantly  did daddy pass on his football 'skills' to the lad? Such as running around chasing shadows?

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Mire importantly  did daddy pass on his football 'skills' to the lad? Such as running around chasing shadows?

Where does this come from? 

Savage rubbed people up the wrong way but to reduce a player who spent a career as long as he did at the top level to running around a lot. Easily more technically gifted than anyone else in our side when Clough brought him back in from The cold. 

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

He’s played 28 times ain’t he? We’re only in January. 

Averaging 55 minutes an appearance so not just 5-10 minutes here or there. 

According to transfer markt, 97 minutes in total since 7th November in the league. 20 minutes since Christmas.

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Where does this come from? 

Savage rubbed people up the wrong way but to reduce a player who spent a career as long as he did at the top level to running around a lot. Easily more technically gifted than anyone else in our side when Clough brought him back in from The cold. 

He was dreadful when he first came to Derby but when he got fitter, he was useful as an irritant. By then, though, he had lost his spark and had to use his ‘experience’ to wind up the opposition.

Was a good player in Leicester’s side.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He was dreadful when he first came to Derby but when he got fitter, he was useful as an irritant. By then, though, he had lost his spark and had to use his ‘experience’ to wind up the opposition.

We’re remembering it differently. He was a massive wind up merchant but his ability on the ball was still a step up compared to the rest of the team. 

14 hours ago, Returning ram said:

Not disagreeing, but based on what. Personally never seen (maybe notice) him play.

Based on his inconsistent game time in a struggling side.  No more.  I think we need a better quality on loan or permanent to push for top 2. If he costs 50k ok.  If not we need the funds for now. 

23 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Savage is a really interesting case. Jewell didn't do his homework and signed Savage to do stuff that even Savage admits he wasn't capable of at his best. Of course Savage could play, you don't make that many PL appearances otherwise, but he was mainly a ball winner and protection for more talented players. Jewell seemed to think he was signing a poundland Pirlo. Maybe it was the hair?

I do appreciate that Savage still had the hunger to take a wage cut and prove himself at Derby. There's plenty of players, like Anya, who would've sat in the reserves and seen out that fat contract.

Should be able to snap him up on a cheap deal, apparently all catering staff at reading have walked out due to non payment and players eating microwave meals and conditions that bad there staff are wearing extra layers due to no heating provided, grim times for reading, but the did chant they'd have a party when Derby county die so 🤷

When Savage signed was when i first started supporting derby, Savage and Commons were my fav players back then. Ive heard his lad is quite good and he'll only get better with age. Unsure if hes as good as what we've already got mind? 

3 hours ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Should be able to snap him up on a cheap deal, apparently all catering staff at reading have walked out due to non payment and players eating microwave meals and conditions that bad there staff are wearing extra layers due to no heating provided, grim times for reading, but the did chant they'd have a party when Derby county die so 🤷

Sounds like we've already had one offer knocked back.