Derby v Peterborough

B4’s Sister

It's been coming. Far more endeavour, far more attacking, far more threatening. We had our chances and didn't take them. They simply had far more energy. Bird and Sibley seem to have faded into obscurity. We used to bang the drum for them (well maybe I did), but they seem to have lost something under Warne, or maybe they simply weren't as good as we, or they thought. 

Just now, BucksRam said:

It's been coming. Far more endeavour, far more attacking, far more threatening. We had our chances and didn't take them. They simply had far more energy. Bird and Sibley seem to have faded into obscurity. We used to bang the drum for them (well maybe I did), but they seem to have lost something under Warne, or maybe they simply weren't as good as we, or they thought. 

Academy grown bias. We're all guilty of hyping our own a bit too much.

We've been second best today. Can't argue with the result. It's been a fantastic Christmas run, but we'll need to wipe our mouths and get back on our mettle swiftly, as this was a lacklustre performance. In fairness to the lads, they've run themselves silly in recent games and with half the season to go and a chance to strengthen in the window, I like our chances.

COYR

Let’s be real about that. They were the best side we’ve seen in this league over this season and last. We didn’t deserve 3 points, and we barely deserved one. 

I applaud Warne for recognising the battering we were taking and changing formation first half and then personnel at the half. It stemmed it somewhat, but we always looked ropey every time they came forward. 

They have everything we don’t going forward and that’s the blueprint for our transfer business. Too slow and static 

No excuse for those final two goals though. Tragic defending and goalkeeping. 

3 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Their defender should probably have been booked for that handball in the box

Was he already on a yellow? It didn’t look like deliberate handball so I wouldn’t expect a booking for that.

12 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

You just know Ferguson will come out saying “we deserved the 3 points”

(Hope I’ve not cursed it with 2 mins to go!)

Didn’t they?🤷 In all honesty…

We haven’t created much from open play…

That was abhorrent defending albeit fell lucky.  When are we selling Bird. That holding on to the ball when he had two options  summed him up. A truly dismal 90 of poor decision making, shooting, tracking players, winning the ball and finding space from him but it's Hourihane holding him back I hear.  Glad he went off at 45 as it showed it clearly has nothing to do with him. Would have taken a draw as for me it's been us, Bolton and Peterborough for the top 2 for a while. Them and Bolton won't drop many points.  A red card isn't it for deliberate handball ?