Boro debts written off

FindernRam

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Rowett left Derby in May 2018, the last accounts filed were up to 30 June 2018 and did not have any directors or inter company loans so not sure where you would have got your information from?

Also the Administrators Statement of Affairs does not seem to note any significant amounts owed to MM or his companies.

Here you go. This would address both your points.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10028621/amp/Derby-owner-Morris-writing-100million-loans-administrators-reveal-expressions-interest.html

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Cheers.

Completely at odds with the information publicly available on Companies House, unless MM wrote the loans off prior to the Administrators Statement of Affairs being published.

I think it always been widely reported that his DCFC experiment cost him in the region of £250m, which ties in with the creditors in Gellaw and Sevco.

I don't have an issue with wealthy owners being able to invest in a club's future (how that is administered is a whole other issue of course..) but I think what has always bugged me about this whole mechanism is the 'whiter-than-white', 'holier-than-thou', 'butter wouldn't melt' attitude of quite a lot of the fans of these clubs (it's not just this lot) who were quick to call us cheats because of the money that was being chucked around under Morris, but that somehow these teams are the good guys, some saintly protectors of the game who are always 'playing by the rules' and 'just want a level playing field' or whatever other justification they want kid themselves with. The idea that they are living within their means as clubs is just utter nonsense. They are totally gaming the system but are just better at it and better resourced than Morris was.

The only real difference between these teams and us under Morris is that their owners haven't run out patience or money yet. They are one chairman's hissy fit away from being left high and dry though. Maybe, just maybe they'll walk away and leave these clubs with draw-down funds to shield them against the worst... or maybe they'll wind the window of their Bentley down and stick a middle finger in the air and drive into the sunset. These teams are literally doing the same thing as us but their chairmen haven't found something more interesting to do yet. You are all of you potentially 'Nasty Cheaty Derby 2.0' but the planets haven't quite aligned yet.

"But the owners are local and the care about the club so it's all fine.." maybe.. The Oystons were local business folk when they bought Blackpool..

20 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

"But the owners are local and the care about the club so it's all fine.." maybe.. The Oystons were local business folk when they bought Blackpool..

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/who-owen-oyston-profiling-blackpools-15630634

Not in the story

He lost a court case with Valeri Belekon that cost millions, Owen Oyston had to sell the family jewels, He fell out with his Son Karl who was at war with some Blackpool fans making 1 or 2 bankrupt through the courts, Not someone you'd want your Sister to marry 👎

Edited by Ram-Alf

On 03/01/2024 at 18:17, Alty_Ram said:

I don't have an issue with wealthy owners being able to invest in a club's future (how that is administered is a whole other issue of course..) but I think what has always bugged me about this whole mechanism is the 'whiter-than-white', 'holier-than-thou', 'butter wouldn't melt' attitude of quite a lot of the fans of these clubs (it's not just this lot) who were quick to call us cheats because of the money that was being chucked around under Morris, but that somehow these teams are the good guys, some saintly protectors of the game who are always 'playing by the rules' and 'just want a level playing field' or whatever other justification they want kid themselves with. The idea that they are living within their means as clubs is just utter nonsense. They are totally gaming the system but are just better at it and better resourced than Morris was.

The only real difference between these teams and us under Morris is that their owners haven't run out patience or money yet. They are one chairman's hissy fit away from being left high and dry though. Maybe, just maybe they'll walk away and leave these clubs with draw-down funds to shield them against the worst... or maybe they'll wind the window of their Bentley down and stick a middle finger in the air and drive into the sunset. These teams are literally doing the same thing as us but their chairmen haven't found something more interesting to do yet. You are all of you potentially 'Nasty Cheaty Derby 2.0' but the planets haven't quite aligned yet.

Devil's advocate here but our club took the tax payer for around £20m...

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Would appear to be.

Strange that they felt the need to explain what £1.2m was by way of a note but not £2.7m!

I suppose adding another note stating that they's received the 'legal setlement' as the result of effectively blackmailing another team's owner might have be seen to be a bit iffy.....

17 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I suppose adding another note stating that they's received the 'legal setlement' as the result of effectively blackmailing another team's owner might have be seen to be a bit iffy.....

"Income acquired by threatening to (i) sue the EFL and (ii) force the liquidation of another football club".

Doesn't mention Teeside Freeport anywhere though I'll bet.

I do think that we should let our dislike for Boro, and their owner in particular, fade into the distance. We are a new club now, with new owners and new faces in the coaching and playing ranks. Embrace them, show them some love. Then when their time comes and we get the chance, stick the boot into the bar stewards and let them get everything they deserve.

21 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Wouldn’t take it to court knowing they would lose. EFL sanctioned theft. Did they try and take Villa for compensation? Of course not - I wonder why. Such contempt for that hypocritical curly haired t***. What a bunch of Bamfords they are. 

*I’m not keen

Of all the clubs that have gained promotion and others including Reading who didn't, after posting 'illegal' losses, we are still the only club which have had to pay a settlement. He threatened Villa but knew that he would never win a court case.

A vile person who didn't care if his actions resulted in the demise of our club.

You should never wish ill on another human being, but surely there are exceptions.