Boro debts written off

FindernRam

3 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

See today a mere £107m has been written off by our favourite villain converting debt to shares. 

All legal but sounds really dodgy.

Sorry, but despite how much I dislike the man for what he did to our club, you have to admire someone writing off £107m of their money for a football club. I don't know how much he is worth, or how it compares with MM, but if MM had done the same we wouldn't be where we are now.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, rammieib said:

If they convert debt to shares, I assume this makes no accounting difference on the Profit and Loss accounts for each year?

I guess it makes their cash position better as they don't owe any debt, assuming it was wiped clean?

More than that, equity holders can't put a club into admin.....they don't have debts owing that they can call in.

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Neither did MM but he put is into administration. 

That's because not all his money was injected as equity.

Owners would rather loan money as a directors loan rather than inject equity, because it's legally easier to get your money back out (you just ask for the loan to be repaid, with equity you can only get dividends or try to sell it to someone else).

15 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That's because not all his money was injected as equity.

Owners would rather loan money as a directors loan rather than inject equity, because it's legally easier to get your money back out (you just ask for the loan to be repaid, with equity you can only get dividends or try to sell it to someone else).

All of the money put into DCFC was equity via his holding company.

There were no, or minimal, directors loans in the football club.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

All of the money put into DCFC was equity via his holding company.

There were no, or minimal, directors loans in the football club.

As a director, (not owner) he can legally put into admin to protect the entity from being wound up by creditors.

So presumably there were other creditors and no more money.

20 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

As a director, (not owner) he can legally put into admin to protect the entity from being wound up by creditors.

So presumably there were other creditors and no more money.

That wasn't really what was being discussed, you said

'That's because not all his money was injected as equity.'

From what I have seen in the accounts/administrators report I'd say its a very misleading statement, if not totally incorrect.

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

That wasn't really what was being discussed, you said

'That's because not all his money was injected as equity.'

From what I have seen in the accounts/administrators report I'd say its a very misleading statement, if not totally incorrect.

Not sure I agree with you. My recollection is that he stopped putting in money as equity around the Rowett era, and switched to loans. Whether they were personal loans or through a holding company, I don't know. But also not sure it matters. 

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Not sure I agree with you. My recollection is that he stopped putting in money as equity around the Rowett era, and switched to loans. Whether they were personal loans or through a holding company, I don't know. But also not sure it matters. 

Rowett left Derby in May 2018, the last accounts filed were up to 30 June 2018 and did not have any directors or inter company loans so not sure where you would have got your information from?

Also the Administrators Statement of Affairs does not seem to note any significant amounts owed to MM or his companies.