Derby vs Leyton Orient

B4’s Sister

13 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

Not at all. We have a squad full of average players. That is why we are in League One. An average league with average players.

As for taking the high ground...for the last 2 months, 90% of what I have read is forum posters wanting PW out. Nothing wrong with having a go back at them now is there?

You’re obviously enjoying yourself. Go you. 

10 hours ago, Srg said:

really like this interview from Kane. Not much of the media-savvy answers and generally comes across as honest. 

Took them a while to get going but at the end of the I thought to slow it down. Machine-Gun Kane.

Edited by Dimmu

10 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I should have said "per month" instead of "week" - my bad. But re the 50 - 60 hours a week - I did it for over 20 years, and couldn't get near a footballer's wages, even in League 1, even when my hourly rate went above minimum wage, which it should have done for an HGV driver.

Re Paul Warne - I am very comfortable with my criticisms of him, and will stand by them, because until the turning point this season he doggedly stuck to a system which our performances proved didn't work. Our good run last season only happened when he was forced to change his system because of injury, and ended when he was able to switch back again.

Re the number of crosses: they have never been statistically high, with other clubs playing many more than we did. MY beef was with (a) the poor quality of crosses, which were consistently too high, and often too long, with virtually no-one being in the box to receive them, especially Collins who was usually to be found out on the wing during that period. And (b) his insistence on by-passing the midfield. He openly admitted to encouraging the ball out wide at the earliest opportunity, and even with Collins being in the box when the crosses came in, he isn't exactly a towering colossus, and was therefore easy to defend against given the gorillas who often inhabit opposition defences.

Since the great hoo-hah about playing styles, there has been a greater use of midfield, even though we do play plenty of long balls as well. So today there were a lot of superb through balls, some of which reaching the player who had run through, some of them not quite, almost as if George Thorne had be training them in the art of the through ball, an aspect which we saw virtually none of during the dark ages of only a few weeks ago. And we are beginning to see, for example, Max Bird's class beginning to shine through. It would seem that we have worked on our crossing as well, commensurate with our switch to incorporating more football on the ground, with there now being crosses along the ground, or at waist/chest height instead of burning holes in the ozone layer.

Hopefully my observations and criticisms are now a thing of the past, because I am loving the way we are now playing. It is nowhere near what we could be playing like, although that may well come, but it is such an improvement over what we were seeing up to the Crewe and Colchester debacles.

Let's enjoy today's win, let's enjoy the run we are on, and let's enjoy the hope this run has given us.

100% spot on.  
most of the criticism aimed at Warne he has addressed. Playing through the midfield, much better crossing etc as outlined by Davesaram 

we were right to criticise this as PW outlined in several interviews that he had given that directive. 

it would appear that is not his directive et voila - more goals and improved football. 

I still think we have another gear to go and could dominate the league if we wanted to. 

it’s funny when we criticised after a win we were asked why we couldn’t just enjoy the win!! 

a few happy clappers today could ask themselves the same question. 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I like the lad instinctively. He’s a trier who plays with fire in his guts. I think he’s going to improve and might turn out to be a real winner for us

I thought to myself during the match yesterday he’s so close to REALLY affecting games for us. I think once he starts assisting/scoring goals consistently we will have quite the player. He’s likeable with a good attitude. 

7 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I've given Warne some stick but I am a big fan of him saying we need to be better after a 0-3 win.

We need to set the standards high to get promoted ASAP.

What I liked was his reference to it being a good dressing room. The way he said it seemed to suggest he really meant it rather than it being just a clichee. Being a unit / band of brothers wins games. NML playing Barks in at that point was real team play.

14 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

Not at all. We have a squad full of average players. That is why we are in League One. An average league with average players.

As for taking the high ground...for the last 2 months, 90% of what I have read is forum posters wanting PW out. Nothing wrong with having a go back at them now is there?

I don't often comment on posts, but this to me shows why people on forums get into arguments, the point made seems skewed and doesn't seem to understand our position! We were in league one long before the squad was assembled. We have the squad we do because we are in League one, we are not in League one because of the squad we have! A subtle but very important difference! 

22 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I thought to myself during the match yesterday he’s so close to REALLY affecting games for us. I think once he starts assisting/scoring goals consistently we will have quite the player. He’s likeable with a good attitude. 

Kinda shows in his interview that he’s really not used to playing as a winger. Which is a bit crazy to me, how has no one played him as a winger before when he’s clearly got many attributes for one. 

7 minutes ago, Eric the half a ram said:

I don't often comment on posts, but this to me shows why people on forums get into arguments, the point made seems skewed and doesn't seem to understand our position! We were in league one long before the squad was assembled. We have the squad we do because we are in League one, we are not in League one because of the squad we have! A subtle but very important difference! 

I am not disputing that, and I agree with what you are saying about the squad.

I made the point about our squad having average players based on the fact that many posters were of the opinion that said squad should walk this league whereas I was of the opinion that our squad wasn't necessarily as good as many thought.

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

Kinda shows in his interview that he’s really not used to playing as a winger. Which is a bit crazy to me, how has no one played him as a winger before when he’s clearly got many attributes for one. 

Hearing his enthusiasm for the role and seeing him growing into it with each game that passes is ideal. Could we benefit from that change permanently? Might mean being able to sign Nyambe to a longer deal and not have to go looking for another attacking wide player in Jan, just back Wilson and get him working with NML in training to improve end product. Those two, Barkhuizen, Sibley and Ward if needed gives us some good options. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Hearing his enthusiasm for the role and seeing him growing into it with each game that passes is ideal. Could we benefit from that change permanently? Might mean being able to sign Nyambe to a longer deal and not have to go looking for another attacking wide player in Jan, just back Wilson and get him working with NML in training to improve end product. Those two, Barkhuizen, Sibley and Ward if needed gives us some good options. 

I would still sign another winger. We currently only have Mendez-Laing, and Barkhuizen as natural wingers, with Sibley kept central