Derby vs Leyton Orient

B4’s Sister

Went today. Good win. Helped by the sending off. Personally, I still found it a frustrating watch. Turnover of possession so quick. Too many long diagonals. Goals not really coming from sustained pressure, just rather staccato. 

Yes, I’m happy with the result but it wasn’t a great match imo 

Just now, CongletonRam said:

Not at all. We have a squad full of average players. That is why we are in League One. An average league with average players.

As for taking the high ground...for the last 2 months, 90% of what I have read is forum posters wanting PW out. Nothing wrong with having a go back at them now is there?

We have a squad of above average players for the league, as has been proven massively by our recent form. You're not getting out of calling the squad laughably average that easily.

I couldn't care less whether you want to crow about recent results or not tbh. We're achieving results at the level we should be with the squad, no more than that.

That doesn't make people's concerns about the long term under Warne any less valid, just because you're focussed entirely on the short term .

7 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Not at all. We have a squad full of average players. That is why we are in League One. An average league with average players.

As for taking the high ground...for the last 2 months, 90% of what I have read is forum posters wanting PW out. Nothing wrong with having a go back at them now is there?

Depends if you think it’s good to have a go at people for offering opinions on a website designed for people to offer opinions I suppose. 

49 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Alas and alack, this is one of the fixtures I have got on my patch..... however, I am writing this post from Carlisle Bay in Barbados having been hectored into another 2 week Caribbean cruise.

So I will try to follow through free WiFi whilst sipping rum punch and spotting sea turtles through a glass bottom. At least I think that's what the tour company promised.....

Name drop for name drop sake. 🤣

20 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Went today. Good win. Helped by the sending off. Personally, I still found it a frustrating watch. Turnover of possession so quick. Too many long diagonals. Goals not really coming from sustained pressure, just rather staccato. 

Yes, I’m happy with the result but it wasn’t a great match imo 

It wasn’t great, but it seems to be the way in this division. You have to win your battles and then try and play after that.

42 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Quite average actually, certainly not easy on the eye, which I'm beginning to think is the way to play if we want to get out of this league.

3-0 somewhat flatters us which seems to be par for the course recently, but can't complain. 3 more points towards the end goal and yet another confidence building result.

How does 3-0 flatter us?

It could quite easily have been 5 or 6.

12 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

It wasn’t great, but it seems to be the way in this division. You have to win your battles and then try and play after that.

What battles? Most teams aren't even putting up a fight (except for when they stupidly elbow one of our players and get sent off)

For the most part it's like we could leave backdoor wide open and put a big sign in the street saying "come on in, free TV, free sofa. There's £30,000 in the safe, combination 1884" with the only catch being that there's a big step in front of the door, no ramp, and any would-be robbers are in a wheelchair.

All the while the opposition leave theirs open with a sign saying "beware of the dog" and an image of a rottweiler, but in actuality their house is being guarded by a kitten 

Edited by May Contain Nuts

45 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

We have a squad of above average players for the league, as has been proven massively by our recent form. You're not getting out of calling the squad laughably average that easily.

I couldn't care less whether you want to crow about recent results or not tbh. We're achieving results at the level we should be with the squad, no more than that.

That doesn't make people's concerns about the long term under Warne any less valid, just because you're focussed entirely on the short term .

I agree with all that. I said we have a squad of average players, which I stand by. For this league, that is all that is required.

15 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

What battles? Most teams aren't even putting up a fight (except for when they stupidly elbow one of our players and get sent off)

For the most part it's like we could leave backdoor wide open and put a big sign in the street saying "come on in, free TV, free sofa. There's £30,000 in the safe, combination 1884" with the only catch being that there's a big step in front of the door, no ramp, and any would-be robbers are in a wheelchair.

All the while the opposition leave theirs open with a sign saying "beware of the dog" and an image of a rottweiler, but in actuality their house is being guarded by a kitten 

U ok hun?

You have to wonder what’s changed.

After Stevenage away, Warne and the boys looked like a half eaten Irish breakfast.

In fairness, when you get soundly beaten by a Steve Evans side, it will lead even the most positive people down a road of introspective despair.

Now if we win our next two home games, we could go into the festive period v Wigan, Oxford and Peterborough as the form team in the division and on the cusp of the top two.

I can’t wait for Lincoln at home. My fiancée will be leading the chants of ‘If you love Paul Warne, jump around.’ when we are 4-0 up.

22 minutes ago, ossieram said:

How does 3-0 flatter us?

It could quite easily have been 5 or 6.

And we could quite easily have been 2 down before we scored.

All about opinions mate, and that is how I saw the game.

I respect your opinion that we could have won by 5 or 6, though I have a different opinion based on watching the game and looking at the chances they created.

Even the DCFC commentary team agreed that it was a fairly even first half and they more than played their part in it. Do you want to disagree with them also?

Edited by CongletonRam