MM still got "Boots on the ground"

swanny

That really is pathetic.  It would be more surprising if Morris didn't have connections with the club still - he was the owner here for 5(?) years until very recently, and even beyond that he's a fairly prominent businessman in the city where the club is based.  If you look hard enough, you'll find all sorts of links.  And if the guy that Dom Dietrich named is the root of it all, then the barrier for "having connections" he's using is incredibly low - the club used an independent company for something, that Morris also used at one point? Really?

12 hours ago, PrideParkhead said:

Is there a scenario whereby if we get promoted back into The Championship within say 3 seasons of forced relegation then some of those old MM debts have to be repaid to the Taxman etc? Clowes certainly doesn't seem in too much of a rush to get back into the "promised land" judging by his lack of concern about our recent form under Warne. 

No.

30 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I wonder if @The Baron will state this in the next edition of the podcast?  Just to clear up any confusion.

So "connections with others" becomes an inference that Mel is still actively involved at Pride Park, in the fashion of every perniciously false conspiracy theory ever concocted 🙄🤬

39 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

All probably come down to the last game of the season , like last year. Unless Clowes takes a bit of a gamble and spends in January.

He's already said there will be some funds available. However, as any transfer fees this season have to be "moderate" under the terms of the business plan, we are back at the question of "how much is moderate"? 

All we can do is guess but, at a club with a stated aim of being self sufficient and sustainable, playing in League 1, I'd think £500K would be about the limit that could be considered moderate at this level.

They could be wrong. I was told that David Clowes has nothing to do with MM but Mel has connections with others. The story on the podcast was all about jobs being hived off to other companies newly set up in 2016, comment was just throwaway line as had the call a few days before?

Ex Chairman has connections with previous club shock!

Maguire was the go to “expert” for BBC Radio Derby sports journalists during administration.

……………….I’m saying nowt!

14 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

The play off places give you a 75% chance of staying in league one next year.  If I was Clowes Id be concerned.

Or...

It gives you a 25% chance of promotion... which ain't too shabby, considering we only make up 4.167% of the number of teams in the division! 

No wonder the gaffer's gaffer is sticking with the gaffer!  🐏

I'd bet everything I own that someone has attended a board meeting in the past 12 months who has Mel's number in their phone. It hardly means they are feeding anything back to him

Why would Mel care? He's not here anymore, he has no financial interest in the club anymore. Pouring through the books of a business he used to run for no reason is one hell of a strange hobby

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Or...

It gives you a 25% chance of promotion... which ain't too shabby, considering we only make up 4.167% of the number of teams in the division! 

No wonder the gaffer's gaffer is sticking with the gaffer!  🐏

He's paid tens of millions to rescue the club but I expect that he'll just be pleased that we finish above the likes of Northampton and Fleetwood.  🙄

It seems that most people on here have got McGuire sussed. Just as we apparently turn the corner he comes up with this load of codswallop. What is his beef with us? Is that we not inly stopped Brighton getting to the play-off finals, we absolutely thrashed them on the way?

29 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

It seems that most people on here have got McGuire sussed. Just as we apparently turn the corner he comes up with this load of codswallop. What is his beef with us? Is that we not inly stopped Brighton getting to the play-off finals, we absolutely thrashed them on the way?

His issue is that he's an attention-whore, desperately trying to boost his flagging profile at the expense of anyone you'd care to mention, in this case, us again. With a biggish fanbase, rocking the Derby boat almost guarantees him a minor spike in traffic and an all-important ego boost as he sees him name getting bandied about. Essentially, his issue is he's a two-bob ****, but sadly there's no cream to cure that affliction, so on he goes, cheerily supported by the likes of that Brizzle moron Mr Flopshischopsalot. 

22 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Because Mel and Derby stopped Brighton, the team he supports, getting to the playoff final.

Don’t know about you mate but 0% of me has any resentment towards Villa, Hull or Fulham

QPR one is slightly different but just can’t see how Maguire would be holding a grudge against that bloody wonderful Derby side that deservedly beat Brighton, particularly when you consider who Brighton are as a club now

You just have to face up to the fact that we are a fascinating shambles that will always get Maguire clicks. 

We’re the horror story the EFL tell around the campfire to scare the football execs before sending them off to bed

I think you can tell that he knew that was probably b******* but here we are talking about his podcast!

3 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

He's paid tens of millions to rescue the club but I expect that he'll just be pleased that we finish above the likes of Northampton and Fleetwood.  🙄

Wind yer neck in, Blondie!

...There was a post referring to the potential of being in a play off position if we win our game in hand.  This was coupled with a question as to "why the owner would be showing concern".

You responded with your seemingly negative view... albeit factually correct... that the play offs represent a 75% chance of staying in league one.  I repeat... factually correct.

I countered your comments with an equally factually correct... but technically of a more positive view... that the play offs represent a 25% chance of promotion, which is good odds, when compared to the number of teams in the league.

I didn't notice anywhere within all that anyone referring to Mr Clowes being pleased... presumably you meant with reaching the play offs but not gaining promotion?  🤷‍♂️

I'd argue there's considerable leeway between "showing concern" and "being pleased"?  "Middle ground", I think they call it?

Either way... You can have these back, as I'm not accepting them.  Feel free to forward them on to someone more deserving... 🙄 

Edited by Mucker1884