MM still got "Boots on the ground"

swanny

36 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

Is there a scenario whereby if we get promoted back into The Championship within say 3 seasons of forced relegation then some of those old MM debts have to be repaid to the Taxman etc? Clowes certainly doesn't seem in too much of a rush to get back into the "promised land" judging by his lack of concern about our recent form under Warne. 

I don’t know but I very much doubt it. I can’t imagine any agreement with HMRC included a condition that if we returned to the Championship within a certain timescale we’d have to pay more. I really can’t see the taxman wanting to get involved with such things. Our points deduction, and subsequent relegation, wasn’t a requirement of the creditors agreement.

With regard to how DC is feeling about our recent form (which has of course improved recently), how do we know if he’s concerned or not? Maybe he still believes that PW as head coach represents the best chance of us being promoted within a reasonable period of time. A period of time that may or may not align with what we, as supporters, want.

41 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

Is there a scenario whereby if we get promoted back into The Championship within say 3 seasons of forced relegation then some of those old MM debts have to be repaid to the Taxman etc?

No. 

42 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

Clowes certainly doesn't seem in too much of a rush to get back into the "promised land" judging by his lack of concern about our recent form under Warne. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, PrideParkhead said:

Is there a scenario whereby if we get promoted back into The Championship within say 3 seasons of forced relegation then some of those old MM debts have to be repaid to the Taxman etc? Clowes certainly doesn't seem in too much of a rush to get back into the "promised land" judging by his lack of concern about our recent form under Warne. 

You do realise we've lost 3 games in the last 3 months and will be in the play off places if we win our game in hand?

Why would you expect the Chairman to be showing concern at this?

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You do realise we've lost 3 games in the last 3 months and will be in the play off places if we win our game in hand?

Why would you expect the Chairman to be showing concern at this?

The play off places give you a 75% chance of staying in league one next year.  If I was Clowes Id be concerned.

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm not concerned.

DC is a hero for stepping in and saving the club.

No criticism aimed his way at all.

I've just had a hunch MM hasn't gone and I also think Mike Ashley will eventually take over, promotion dependent.

Not sure about the MM rumour but I hope there is nothing in it. Like most genuine fans it's hoped that the guy is completely gone and forgotten. As for Ashley, buying a business on the upward trajectory for a large sum is not really his MO. Ashley goes in as the clock strikes midnight, just as the axe is about to fall, and the price is rock bottom. That's what he was perhaps waiting for with DCFC, but Mr Clowes stepped in. That's where we are for now, and the foreseeable.  

6 hours ago, David said:

Thanks for posting so "comment was just a throwaway line" and "they could be wrong". Ah the old backtrack!

Nothing to do with this but when did that matter on here. tweet below is one of things still upsets me most re admin - total picking off of academy gems/sell on clauses bought out "to help us" by huge clubs. Sickening. 

9 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

The play off places give you a 75% chance of staying in league one next year.  If I was Clowes Id be concerned.

Conversely then they must give you a 25% chance of being back in the Championship. 

Given that he's not spent a penny on players in the last 2 seasons, I can see why Clowes in not panicking like some sections of the fanbase.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

What a complete cop out. Hopefully one day soon he will make one too many throwaway comments that he cant back up and someone will have his pants down.

He should stick to being a 'football finance expert' and leave DCFC alone.

He should stick to being a teacher - His claims here (as usual) stand up to very little scrutiny and he applied a little of that scrutiny he my have realised that!

12 hours ago, PrideParkhead said:

No. Those debts have been cleared.

I think Maguire , wants to moonlight as a tabloid journalist. He should know being an academic not to make claims that are not backed up in anyway. He seems to have Derby / Mel permanently in his mind and if I’m not mistaken wasn’t it him , who “voiced his concerns “ to the EFL in the first place ?