MM still got "Boots on the ground"

swanny

10 minutes ago, swanny said:

“Still got his henchmen that attend board meetings?” Seems a little vague and unlikely to me unless he just means that someone is reporting the goings on at board meetings back to Mel. So, if it’s happening, I’m wondering how this “secret employee” knows and why would Mel seek such information? At the end of the day though, provided Mel doesn’t have influence over the current running of the club what harm can it do and how can it be stopped? 

30 minutes ago, swanny said:

I've long suspected and still do, despite what Clowes said, that MM is still lurking around somewhere.

There is just no way SP keeps his job imo if that wasn't the case.

With the vitriol pointing in SPs direction, a quick win for DC would be to thank him for his time and wish him well..but he chose to keep him to the amazement of fans.

Maybe we, as a club, owe MM money and he is putely keeping tabs on it.

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Clowes has previously denied that MM has any involvement with the club to Radio Derby, so these are comments should be explained further I think. It’s quite the claim. 

Why should he? Because of a vague claim made on a podcast citing a source of a "secret employee"?

Do me a favour.

Edited by Carnero

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've long suspected and still do, despite what Clowes said, that MM is still lurking around somewhere.

With the vitriol pointing in SPs direction, a quick win for DC would be to thank him for his time and wish him well..but he chose to keep him to the amazement of fans.

So you're suggesting Clowes isn't being truthful when he says MM has no involvement with the Club?

14 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Why should he? Because of a vague claim made on a podcast citing a source of a "secret employee"?

Do me a favour.

Who do you think I was suggesting should come out and explain themselves? Because I was referring to Maguire himself. 

33 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So you're suggesting Clowes isn't being truthful when he says MM has no involvement with the Club?

Well, either MM has nothing to do with Derby and I am wrong, along with Maguire and the Derby County employee contact he has...or, yes..DC isn't being truthful.

It isn't up to me to decide which that is. MM still being involved was purely my hunch.

56 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Or the simple truth, that doesn't involve conspiracy theories and MM secretly pulling strings (from his hidden bunker in a hollowed out volcano, no doubt) is that Stephen Pearce is very experienced in both football finances in general and how we run financially as a club, and Clowes sees it as being beneficial to have that knowledge around (presumably being very inexperienced in football finances himself). 

The most likely scenario is that Clowes kept him around as we came out of admin, because we needed to move very quickly to get stuff back up and running, and didn't want things being delayed while we replaced him.  And he's seen enough of him working to keep him around beyond any sort of transition period.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Maybe DC decided to ignore any fan vitriol aimed at SP and recognises, despite everything that has gone on in the past, that SP has something to offer the club. That seems like the most likely scenario to me given DC is an experienced businessman and will know a lot more about what’s happened over the last few years than us mere supporters.

Perhaps Clowes has been truthful when he says Mel has no involvement in the running of the club and these comments by Maguire (if they’re even accurate) simply suggest that someone on the board is still in contact with Mel and just lets him know what’s going on. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not remotely concerned at the moment.

13 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Or the simple truth, that doesn't involve conspiracy theories and MM secretly pulling strings (from his hidden bunker in a hollowed out volcano, no doubt) is that Stephen Pearce is very experienced in both football finances in general and how we run financially as a club, and Clowes sees it as being beneficial to have that knowledge around (presumably being very inexperienced in football finances himself). 

The most likely scenario is that Clowes kept him around as we came out of admin, because we needed to move very quickly to get stuff back up and running, and didn't want things being delayed while we replaced him.  And he's seen enough of him working to keep him around beyond any sort of transition period.

And what about MM still having boots on the ground?

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe DC decided to ignore any fan vitriol aimed at SP and recognises, despite everything that has gone on in the past, that SP has something to offer the club. That seems like the most likely scenario to me given DC is an experienced businessman and will know a lot more about what’s happened over the last few years than us mere supporters.

Perhaps Clowes has been truthful when he says Mel has no involvement in the running of the club and these comments by Maguire (if they’re even accurate) simply suggest that someone on the board is still in contact with Mel and just lets him know what’s going on. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not remotely concerned at the moment.

I'm not concerned.

DC is a hero for stepping in and saving the club.

No criticism aimed his way at all.

I've just had a hunch MM hasn't gone and I also think Mike Ashley will eventually take over, promotion dependent.

A Derby employee who has @The Baron phone number, and Mel Morris informants who attend Board meetings 🤔 Could these be the same snakes who were feeding the Daily Mail stories throughout Administration? As the Board attendees are fairly limited (I imagine) it shouldn't be hard to identify the 5th columnist at least.

As presented, however, the information doesn't automatically mean that David Clowes is either aware of this chicanery, or that Mel Morris has any remaining connection with the club other than as a nosey git - at least, I hope not.