Crewe Alexandra versus Derby County - Match Day Thread ( FA Cup 1st Round )

S8TY

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Quelle surprise, a corner was not turned on Tuesday. Back to our losing ways under Warne 

There’s still a half of the game to go and it’s not been the poor showing of other games this season in my view. We’ve dominated the ball and the shots, they’ve taken their one chance. According to sky’s stats we’ve had 70% possession, 85% passing accuracy, 16 shots (but only 3 on target), 7 corners and almost half (48%) of the “action” in the first half was in our attacking third. We’re just being wasteful with our shooting and final ball….currently, with time to change it.

Just now, Old Spalding Ram said:

pick the bones out of that lot!

IMG_1333.thumb.jpeg.426dbd09f4d91e0d67aa0181719ae0aa.jpeg

We're pressing far, far too high up the pitch for a team with no pace at the back.

Crewe have played the half perfectly. They've had easily the best chances, and have absolutely carved us open on the break.

I'd like to see us sit a bit deeper and allow for space to open up. Washington was absolutely everywhere on Tuesday, he's not got anywhere to move into today.

Fozzy off for Sibley for me. Smith to sit deeper and I'd like a bit more patience in our buildup.

8 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Have a day off pal. I’m no fan but he’s Set us up to dominate today and we have so far. We’ve been camped in their third. He can do very little about TB and NML who should be 2 of the most dangerous forwards in league 1 losing all composure against a league 2 side. He can do very little about Forsyth having one of those matches where I can’t believe he’s lasted 11 years without replacement 

It looks like we're dominating but in reality they're just doing what they always do. Play it out wide and cross it in, or shoot from unrealistic angles. We have no attacking play through the middle of the pitch. 

We should still be winning though and will probably still win this.

Edited by DCFC Kicks

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Our crossing has been very poor. We've had numerous attempts and not really put any in with much quality. Crewe have had one attempt at crossing and scored. More composure required when we get into these positions and better movement from our attacking players. COYR we can turn this one around.  

Tuesday we had barks and Nat swapping places, so they can both cut in and play in the middle. Not seen that happen once today. But we have wasted an awful lot of crosses.

More ideas needed 2nd half.

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Our crossing has been very poor. We've had numerous attempts and not really put any in with much quality. Crewe have had one attempt at crossing and scored. More composure required when we get into these positions and better movement from our attacking players. COYR we can turn this one around.  

Our crossing is regularly a problem - today is nothing unusual. But it does beg the question why we don't try to find other ways more often. To be fair we did vary it a little bit as the half wore on.

Crewe's assist was a brilliant cross but should have been defended. If they defended (or rather didn't defend) like we did on that goal, we'd probably have scored too!

Just now, DCFC Kicks said:

It looks like we're dominating but in reality they're just doing what they always do. Play it out wide and cross it in, or shoot from unrealistic angles. We have no attacking play through the middle of the pitch. 

We’ve been camped in and around their box for big chunks of that half… 

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Forsyth been woeful, passing been poor & his defending for their goal was pathetic. We have acres down the right but Nyambe is too defensive.

Need to take either Smith or Hourihane off & put Nyambe LB with Ward or Wilson RB.

Go 4132 with Ward & Collins on.

Fozzy was flat-footed (Bradley too) for their striker coming into the box, but neither Smith nor Barks got anywhere near pressurising their ball crosser, nor Nyambe, he's been AWOL quite a bit.

45 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

What a load of rubbish- still not showing on ITV x I give up. Sums up the whole crap day so far 

It's not on the YouView/BT ITVX app as far as I can see but it is on my LG TV's ITVX app - no idea why.