January Reinforcements

sage

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Waghorn and Washington are injured all the time 

So is half our team mate 🤣

That seems to have been the strategy under Warne - buy players who haven't played much in recent times due to injury or not holding down a starting spot and gamble that they can regain form and fitness here. Waghorn, Washington, John-Jules, Wilson, Embleton, Sonny and now Adams all had injuries (mostly serious) the season before signing for us so hadn't played much football. And nearly all of them have once again picked up injuries since signing for us.

We are all on here this evening hoping to get a decent striker in but I have a feeling we’ll chuck money at wendies for Smith or Gregory very late ….i do hope not though 

Thinking about it though go get Sam Smith from Reading as I think that is doable and won’t be a bad signing at all 

9 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

So is half our team mate 🤣

That seems to have been the strategy under Warne - buy players who haven't played much in recent times due to injury or not holding down a starting spot and gamble that they can regain form and fitness here. Waghorn, Washington, John-Jules, Wilson, Embleton, Sonny and now Adams all had injuries (mostly serious) the season before signing for us so hadn't played much football. And nearly all of them have once again picked up injuries since signing for us.

Yep

when you look at it like that it doesn’t make for good reading 🥲